off topic section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off topic section?

Something that would be nice if we could be nice is if we could have an off topic, for those subjects that don't directly related to any of the forum sections, but we know would go into fratching territory real fast if they were posted in CS. We could jump the gun so to speak and just post directly to an off topic in Fratching rather than start in CS and watch the inevitable slide into fratching territory.

Anyone else think that there is need for this?
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Do you have an example just to illustrate for us?

It's an interesting suggestion, but I'm wondering, with all the topics covered by the forum, what kind of subjects would be "Off Topic"?

I don't know how feasible a new off topic forum is, but I can't speak for Raps on this, of course.
    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

"Things I Hate" has tended to be a catch-all forum for personal stories of the sort we'd see in the off topic section at CS.

It does technically require you to come up with something you "hate", but if you have something you'd like to share here and can't approach it like that, no big deal. We'll forgive you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
        Do you have an example just to illustrate for us?
        Well, the Catholic SC story in sightings was a good example, that is one that doesn't really fit into any fratching territory but could easily turn into a fratching debate. I also have a few times have held off posting in off topic on CS when the question involves religion because I know that it can be a dicey topic, the most recent example is how to broach the subject with my mother that the Methodist Church in Salt Lake isn't really following their Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors policy and really didn't want to put it in CS because I know that if it will upset my mother there will be at least one poster who is bothered by it also and it's really better suited for fratching, but it's not really a thing I hate and not really a debate on religion, so I don't see it going into either category (and maybe I'm just not understanding the spectrum of what can be put into each section).
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

I'd stick it into either "Religion" or "Things I Hate". It's about a church, and it's something that bothers you. I think it would fit nicely into either one of those categories.

We don't generally move threads much around here, since things drift so easily from personal stories and pet peeves, to politics, to religion, and back again. Go ahead and post your thread wherever you think it best belongs, and chances are we'll be fine with it.

Comment

Working...
          X