Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osama Bin Laden has been killed...game changer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osama Bin Laden has been killed...game changer?

Multiple news outlets are reporting Bin Laden was killed several days ago and the news was withheld because the US wanted to conduct DNA tests to verify it.

Does this mark the beginning of a new twist in the war on terror or will things pretty much go on as usual.

W00t! Terrorist gets a bullet to the face! Nice. Guess I can come home now.

I'm going to guess things here in Afghanistan will continue as normal but there's always the hope that they'll say, "Fuck it, Osama's dead." That'd be nice but oh well.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

President Obama just announced it officially.

His speech gave me goosebumps.
      "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.
        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

I think that the game this will most likely change will be the 2012 Presidential election.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
            I think that the game this will most likely change will be the 2012 Presidential election.
            How do you figure? Did the Republicans ever come up with a candidate that actually posed a threat that I didn't know about?
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Optimus Prime wouldn't be a Republican, would he?
              "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

I don't see this affecting the election much with it so far off.... UNLESS it changes the course or length of the wars.

Wasn't there an Optimus Prime in the army or something?
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  Did the Republicans ever come up with a candidate that actually posed a threat that I didn't know about?
                  LOL, that's true. Romney is the most sane, but they won't go for him because of that whole "health care" thing. But still, it helps him. As one of my friends said on FB, Now I want to see Obama on an aircraft carrier that says "Mission Fucking Accomplished, Bitches."

Although, of course, it's not, and now the area's just more unstable, and how much power did the fucker still have anyway - BUT none of that matters in this context. What matters is, "The guy who planned 9/11 was captured and killed under the command of President Obama."

Comment

What matters is, "The guy who planned 9/11 was captured and killed under the command of President Obama."
                    Personally, I think that what matters MOST is what I quoted above, but without the last 6 words.

Comment

All I have to say about this is good riddance.

Comment

My ex-girlfriend is trying to tell me I'm as bad as the terrorists since I'm okay with murder.

I told her she's scum for sympathizing with terrorists.

It's a good day. Nothing like finding out your ex is a terrorist sympathizer to help get over her.

Comment

Congratulations to the US forces to finally accomplish this.

It's been too long coming... too many people have died... and I believe that the US has been too focused in other areas to make this happen sooner.

It's about f'n time.

I'm a little aprehensive about the future, though... now that he's a martyr, the crap may really start hitting the fan.

Comment

"The guy who planned 9/11 was captured and killed under the command of President Obama."
                            Originally posted by Becks View Post
                            Personally, I think that what matters MOST is what I quoted above, but without the last 6 words.
                            That may be true, but it's not what people remember at election time.

Comment

Also, I have to say this. Half my Facebook page is full of people going "Wooo, US military!" and "Yay for our troops!" To me, this completely ignores all the work done by CIA agents who actually found his lanky ass. They put themselves in danger everyday and they don't get a holiday or a parade or anything like that. And they just made their own job much harder, since Al Qaeda will likely try to retaliate.

Comment

Working...
                              X