Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osama Bin Laden has been killed...game changer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A person who thinks we should leave terrorists alone so they can continue blowing people up would be...anyone?

Oh right, a terrorist sympathizer.

blas is right on the retaliation thing. You are wasting your time and life if you just spend it worrying. Continue living on as normal as odds are nothing will happen to you. And if they do, you are fucked regardless so go out enjoying life.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      A person who thinks we should leave terrorists alone so they can continue blowing people up would be...anyone?
      That's funny. That's not what you said she said.

My ex-girlfriend is trying to tell me I'm as bad as the terrorists since I'm okay with murder.
      Wow, that is completely and utterly not the same thing.

Nice try on moving the goalposts.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I guess figuring out that my argument with my ex-girlfriend was more than one line each was too big a toughie.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

So we should somehow know EVERYTHING she said based on the two lines you gave? You're giving us too much credit. We can't psychically know the entirety of her position unless someone (either you or her) TELLS us. We can only respond based on what we know.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I guess figuring out that my argument with my ex-girlfriend was more than one line each was too big a toughie.
            Ahh....

And here I was thinking it was just the SCs who expected us to read minds.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You may have wanted to include the relevant parts of that conversation instead of assuming that we all knew exactly what was discussed between the two of you.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't guarantee Obama shit. If military success was a trump (heh) card to re-election, George H. Bush would've won re-election in 1992.

But he didn't. Clinton beat him on an "it's the economy, stupid" message.

The 2012 election is still a year and a half away. People can't fill their gas tanks with "Osama's dead" and can't buy groceries with 200 "Osama's dead's". When we actually get there I highly doubt Bin Laden's death is going to be the thing driving people's votes.

That said I still currently think Obama's more likely to be re-elected than not, simply because the Republican field so far is so bad.

Comment

Yeah, but Bush won the 2004 election by saying "9/11" and "Mission Accomplished" over and over and over again.

Comment

Somebody on CNN last night said that when new recruits joined AQ, they swore loyalty to Bin Laden specifically instead of AQ as an organization. I think that even if one of Bin Laden's lieutenants steps up to fill his role, that person isn't going to have the charisma and cult leader-like influence that Bin Laden had, and that AQ is going to suffer from factions splintering away from the main group, infighting about who gets to take over and what to do next, and/or a drop in the number of new recruits.

Whatever happens next, it's going to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                      Yeah, but Bush won the 2004 election by saying "9/11" and "Mission Accomplished" over and over and over again.
                      Yeah but he also had a rather useless and uncharismatic opponent to go up against. John Kerry should never have been the guy for the Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post

The intent was to kill him, not take him alive.
                        wha?

But another senior U.S. official told CNN the operation included instructions to arrest bin Laden alive if he surrendered
                        though I wish they would more heavily publicize the fact that he obviously did not want to go down as a martyr-evidenced by using one of his wives as a human shield-that is an act of utmost cowardice.
                        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Giggle Goose View Post
                          Then I applaud you for making an educated decision. I mean no sarcasm when I say that. I'm just pointing out that this is going to be a very potent bargaining chip that whoever is running against Obama will inevitably have to contend with.
                          And it's sad that that's the case, really, because I want the non-existant.

A politician who won't lie too much, and doesn't promise the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Becks View Post
                            And it's sad that that's the case, really, because I want the non-existant.

A politician who won't lie too much, and doesn't promise the impossible.
                            Wouldn't matter if they existed, Americans would never vote for them anyway. ><

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                              Wouldn't matter if they existed, Americans would never vote for them anyway. ><
                              I would, but then, I'm weird like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Becks View Post
                                I would, but then, I'm weird like that.
                                I would, too, but there are far too many people who just vote for whoever their parents/church/school/friends/the talking heads on TV tell them to vote for because actually finding out who the candidates are and what they stand for is hard.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                                X