Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osama Bin Laden has been killed...game changer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    My ex-girlfriend is trying to tell me I'm as bad as the terrorists since I'm okay with murder.

I told her she's scum for sympathizing with terrorists.

It's a good day. Nothing like finding out your ex is a terrorist sympathizer to help get over her.
    This.

I don't understand this.

How in the world ....

My brain is broken.

We're celebrating that the mastermind behind 9/11 and other things that have been happening is finally dead, out of the way, and hopefully this means Al Quida could possibly just fade away.

Or am I being too naive/optimistic/glorifying death?
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

My ex-girlfriend is trying to tell me I'm as bad as the terrorists since I'm okay with murder.
      I'm perfectly ok with a large group of crows

kidding aside killing=/=murder

under us law manslaughter would be a stretch for this, it does not meet the legal grounds for murder: premeditation, intent, commission of a crime, or malice aforethought-since the intent was to capture none of the above applies. And had he been captured, he likely would have been hanged.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...pt=T1&iref=BN1

The intent was to kill him, not take him alive. Which I have to say...I'm kinda not okay with that. I'm glad he's gone, but I think it would have been better to take him to the Hague and put him on trial for crimes against humanity.

ETA: I don't think Al-Qaeda is going to fade away. He was already old and ill, so I'm sure that there's a hierarchy already in place. And they could retaliate against us or one of our allies.

Comment

Obama did something that Bush not only couldn't, but didn't really care about (I seem to recall him being asked about the hunt and saying something to the effect of "I don't really care where he is")...eight years to the day that Shrub claimed 'mission accomplished".

Disposal at sea is fitting; not only will he be fish food for some time but the terrorists won't have a body or grave to rally around.
          "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

I'm thinking you may as well just sign up Obama for the second term now and get it over with, yeah. Though it has been entertaining watching the Freeper's heads explode trying to come up with something negative to say about Obama. The best theory they had going was that Obama delayed the announcement of Bin Laden's death so that he would have time to properly mourn his best friend. >.>

Frankly though, considering where they found him ( Mansion outside Pakistan's capital wasn't it? ) I'm concerned about what Pakistan's been up too. Or at least factions within Pakistan's government.

It's a good day. Nothing like finding out your ex is a terrorist sympathizer to help get over her.
            Geez, dude. I think you're both overreacting. But you especially. ><

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
              Geez, dude. I think you're both overreacting. But you especially. ><
              I don't know about her, but he seems quite fond of the nuclear option of only black and white extreme with no middle-ground.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If that helps you get over her, well and good... but it's entirely possible to believe it's wrong to kill, period, without being a "terrorist sympathizer." It's also possible to feel sympathy for someone without in any way believing they're right or ought to be allowed to continue. And any number of other variations.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

There's a few Debbie Downers on my FB list right now saying "This means they'll retaliate, I am terrified for me and my family's safety!"

And what were we supposed to do? We've been after that fuck for years. Were we supposed to let him go, pretend we didn't see him?

Sure, we could have just captured and tried him and taken the higher moral ground, if that's what people are wondering, sure. But otherwise, what do these idiots really think we should have done? He very well could have been already planning something. If they are going to retaliate, then they are. We'll have to be proactive in trying to find operations and plans and try to stop them before anything else happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggle Goose View Post
                    That may be true, but it's not what people remember at election time.
                    While what YOU said was true, it's not all that I'm going to remember at election time.

Comment

If he had been taken alive then his followers could claim he was a martyr that "stood up for the cause". A quick kill (as with cockroaches and other vermin) was the best thing that could have happened.
                      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

I'm just saying we can't stop living and be afraid simply because there's a possibility that these animals will retaliate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                          IThough it has been entertaining watching the Freeper's heads explode trying to come up with something negative to say about Obama.
                          They're already starting: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/02...qaeda/#comment

Originally posted by Commenter
                          Are they going to keep the body locked up with oduma's "REAL" birth certificate???
                          Some of the comments on the Daily Mail had people doubting that it actually happened because they didn't show the body:

Originally posted by Commenter
                          Huh, Osama dead, hey? Pfft, yeah right. I doubt there even is one! They always say they don't know what he looked like, and they throw his body in the sea before pictures for proof! What a coincidence! I doubt there even was a Bin Laden in the first place, probably just a set up to get into Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan, like many say about 9/11!
                          I would be interesting to see how the tables we be turned in another Administration. Just sayin....
                          Last edited by Giggle Goose; 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM. Reason: Too many tags GRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Becks View Post
                            While what YOU said was true, it's not all that I'm going to remember at election time.
                            Then I applaud you for making an educated decision. I mean no sarcasm when I say that. I'm just pointing out that this is going to be a very potent bargaining chip that whoever is running against Obama will inevitably have to contend with.

Comment

To throw a little levity on the situation, I saw this a couple of times today.

I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

And now Debbie Downer wants us all to stop rejoicing, because an eye for an eye turns the world blind, and just because one terrorist is dead, terrorism isn't dead.

Give us some credit. No one should be thinking we're invincible and nothing will happen, or that Al Quiada is done.

Just remember that those vicious, heartless animals were celebrating when those planes rammed into our buildings and those buildings came crashing down, trapping everyone inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X