Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Childcare celebrates an "end of year" theme instead of Christmas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    It's not mentioned in the Bible (at least not the version that exists today), but supposedly some reports from Romans of the time described him as both "golden-haired" and "blue eyed."

Personally, I don't care what he actually looked like. It's what he did and didn't do that's important.

^-.-^
    When Jesus was arrested thanks to Judas, Judas had to point him out because the soldiers couldn't tell him apart from his disiciples. I doubt he wandering around with a possee of finely chiseled blue-eyed Aryan manbeef. He also eluded a mob at one point by blending in with the crowd. So he's most certainly an average man of the time.

There's actually a couple of passages that while they don't describe him in detail, they do plainly say he was resoundingly average. Because God likes inner beauty and pretty people are actually Satan or some such.

Though by Revelations, he went super saiyan and had white hair and raging eyes of fire. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      I doubt he wandering around with a possee of finely chiseled blue-eyed Aryan manbeef. He also eluded a mob at one point by blending in with the crowd. So he's most certainly an average man of the time.
      Oh, no doubt he didn't look Aryan. However, based on the context of one of the two quotes regarding his hair, it appears that paler hair wasn't unusual. Supposedly his was merely a slightly different shade than his mother's - although, since I don't understand the context of the translation, I don't know whether it was lighter or darker, just some value of "golden," but nothing otherwise too remarkable.

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      Though by Revelations, he went super saiyan and had white hair and raging eyes of fire. >.>
      LoL.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Don't forget feet of bronze. *shrugs*.

Comment

The part I always find amusing...He was a *carpenter*...Isn't that a job that will tend to have you in fairly good shape? Most images of Jesus tend to show him as fairly unimpressive, all in all.

I have a friend of mine who follows Wiccan beliefs, but who says she's Jewish as well, because her parents were Jewish, and she was born that way. (Not saying if she's right or wrong, don't have a clue, just mentioning it )
          Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Originally posted by Evandril View Post
            The part I always find amusing...He was a *carpenter*...Isn't that a job that will tend to have you in fairly good shape?
            That would depend on what you did. If you worked on things like large furniture or buildings, you'd be pretty fit. However, if you did things like smaller items, such as stools or utensils or other items that require a more delicate touch, you wouldn't see the same effect.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              That would depend on what you did. If you worked on things like large furniture or buildings, you'd be pretty fit. However, if you did things like smaller items, such as stools or utensils or other items that require a more delicate touch, you wouldn't see the same effect.

^-.-^
              Well, he did throw a bunch of moneychangers out of a temple, didn't he? He has to have some upper body strength. ;p

Comment

That explains it! Jesus is a Super Saiyan!

The reason he hasn't returned is that he's powering up
                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                  That explains it! Jesus is a Super Saiyan!

The reason he hasn't returned is that he's powering up
                  No, that's what He'll do when He first shows up. Spend 5 days charging His ki to get ready to fight Satan, while Satan just sits there and watches.
                  "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                  A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade Man D View Post
                    No, that's what He'll do when He first shows up. Spend 5 days charging His ki to get ready to fight Satan, while Satan just sits there and watches.
                    It may be only 5 minutes for them, but it'll seem like an entire season to the rest of us.

(cookies for the reference )

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                    X