Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Vet Sought VA Conseling for PTSD, Gets Subjected to Homophobic Rant by Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something similar happened to me when I was 11 years old. I ran into a teacher's aide who believed that every single incident of misbehavior was caused directly by The Devil. And she classified any kind of disability the same way, so my learning disability (the reason I was even associating with her in the first place) came across in her mind as a mild case of demonic possession.

I wasn't particularly interested in her ultra-fundamentalist Christian spiel (I was raised by lapsed Lutherans) which proved beyond any doubt in her mind that I wasn't a victim of demonic possession, but a willing accomplice.

Which led to the incident where she chased me down the halls of the school screaming at me to repent my evil or burn in hell forever, chased me into what I expected to be a sanctuary from the crazy woman (the boy's bathroom), tackled me and held me down, kneeling on my chest (I could barely breathe) screaming in my face over and over alternating between a demand for the demon to get out of me and a demand for me to accept Jesus Christ as my savior to be healed of my disability.

I was almost expelled for pushing her off me (her head hit one of the sinks in the process) and running out of the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Difdi View Post
      I was almost expelled for pushing her off me (her head hit one of the sinks in the process) and running out of the building.
      Man she sounds nuts no wait she was possessed that's it and now we need to go exorcise the demons out of her.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Difdi View Post

so, she attacked you, and you almost got expelled for defending yourself.
        Yeah, yet another reason I can't respect our education system.
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

You know, if I ever have any kids, I'm going to home school them . . . just to keep them away from the NUTS.
          Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

I'd rather let my (nonexistent) kids get a good eyeful of the nuts and then discuss why they're nuts and why not to emulate them at home.

Better to give them defenses early.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So has the nurse in the OP been struck off or is she facing disciplinary charges?
              The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Update:

Lincy Pandithurai, Texas Nurse Practitioner Who Harassed Lesbian Veteran, Removed From Job
                Article at Huffington Post

To sum up, after officials were able to substantiate Garatie's material claims, Pandithurai is being allowed to retire from federal service as of tomorrow. Pandithurai has been kept away from patients since the investigation was launched in November.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Among being a disgraceful hate filled thunder cunt (good term, good term), she's REALLY damned lucky that she didn't get a violent Marine with one of her tirades.
                  You don't scream down someone who has been trained to kill with their pinky and expect to come out unscathed...sheesh

Comment

This is why I firmly believe NO ONE should be a PTSD counselor unless they've actually seen combat.

not only would it weed out bitches like that, it would also mean your counselor *really* knows what you're going through, not just the stuff they learned to repeat back at college.

This is also why I personally recommend Second Life for PTSD. Yes there really is a Veteran's group there and they have PTSD counseling available. There's group meetings I think still, and I'm sure the group leaders would find someone for one-on-one sessions too. might not be a qualified doc but they'd at least be someone who understands

and they'd be nicer than the bitch

Comment

As someone who has PTSD, depression, and is a lesbian, let me just say...

...bitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X