No announcement yet.

Not on facebook? You don't exist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myself, I don't really interact with any coworkers outside of work. There's only a couple of them that I actually like enough to talk to them beyond work-related reasons. I'm better friends with most of my wife's coworkers than I am with my own coworkers. For that matter, I don't really interact regularly with but a few family members and friends, period.

I spend most of my free time either studying or taking care of the baby and home while my wife is at work. The rest of my time is usually spent in class or at work. After work, I'm rarely in much of a mood to socialize even if I have time. After school, I don't have time because of my studies or the baby.

I have Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter accounts. I only check Facebook occasionally, and everyone keeps getting onto me to get on it more often. I haven't checked MySpace in ages, and have never done anything with Twitter. I just get bored quickly with social networking, and have too much to do to bother with it on a regular basis. E-mail, Customers Suck, Fratching, and a few assorted blogs are all I mess with online beyond school related stuff.

Comment

Back around Christmas I called an old Army buddy that I hadn't talked with for over 10 years. As we were catching up he mentioned that he'd been looking for me on FB and those other sites but didn't have any luck and even googling my name didn't produce anything. I told him the less I'm found on the interweb the better I like it. I don't mess with FB or that other stuff and he was a little shocked because of my profession as your friendly neighborhood code-slinger (primary weapon endless loop of nothingness.) He then asked how he was supposed to get intouch with me, I then asked what phone number he had for me and it turned out he had the correct number as I've had that number for nearly 30 years. I guess picking up the phone and calling didn't occur to him.
      Currently the only web presence of mine that I can find is a club I'm a member/officer and my commercial cattle farm and even then I don't use my real name but a nick-name.
      I guess I don't exist and I'm thankful for that.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

To be perfectly blunt, it's a pain in the ass to then copy all that information to an e-mail and then send it to the 5 people who refuse to get a Facebook for whatever reason
        It is, but at least you ARE doing it. The problem is more when people just say "If I can't tell you on Facebook, you're not invitied."
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I solve this problem by enabling e-mail notification of event invites so I never have to actually log in to Facebook. But then we have a new problem: I get invites for events in other continents because everyone wants to miss the point of Facebook and add me even though we have never met IRL.

Comment

Working...
          X