Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
    I still postulate that the Marine uniform is pretentious.
    And I postulate that it doesn't include a bow tie.

I also fully admit that one of the reasons I watch NCIS is seeing all of the people in uniform. Remember that episode where Gibbs was undercover as a Marine recruiter? rowrrrrrrr

Comment

I LOVE service uniforms whether it be on a man or a woman! For me, it says a few things:

1) I can protect you
      2) I can take charge (hehe)
      3) I did something with my life (that something in this case would be doing something for one's country)
      4) I am now meticulous (this is just an observation of mine from anyone who has come back from the military)
      5) I am sexy =P
      "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post

I also fully admit that one of the reasons I watch NCIS is seeing all of the people in uniform. Remember that episode where Gibbs was undercover as a Marine recruiter? rowrrrrrrr
        The Marines have a bloody cape. I have no problems with their khaki uniforms, I think those are fine. It's their formal dress and (IDK if their called BDU's or what) that I don't like.

Comment

They're ACU's printed in MARPAT (Woodland digital, brown black and green) or (desert digital, tan coyote and brown) whereas the army uses ACUs printed in (UCP aka ARPAT, Ranger green foliage green and tan). Navy now using NWU's which retain the BDU cut but use a black, gray and navy blue digital pattern. ABU's are for the air-force and use the same colors as ARPAT but in a tiger-stripe digital pattern. All of these can be changed if the unit requires a different color set.

I'm tired of hearing ARPAT referred to as ACU. ACU is a style of uniform, not a pattern and is available in ARPAT, MARPAT (woodland and desert) as well as multicam and urban digital.

If you see an ACU style uniform in solid colors, it is in fact a TAC-U, sharing the same cut as an ACU but replacing buttons with zippers and ties with velcro. Available to my knowledge in OD, Khaki, Black, Navy blue and Sherrif brown.

That said, give me a gal in NWU's over anything else, ABU's a close second.

Cookies for anyone who read this far. I've only got oatmeal, take it or leave it.
          All units: IRENE
          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

NWU's? Seriously? Those are the one thing that brings Army and Air Force into agreement.

And I really don't care what the Army calls it; from what I hear, they all hate it.

There's only one type of ABU, though. The "faded" ones that you see are the result of the USAF contracting two different companies to manufacture the ABU. Thus, they came out with slightly-different shades. The first few batches were like this, but they've been fixed. However, you'll still see the faded ones. Truth told, I sent some cadets to training with differently-shaded sets of ABU's. It's not technically wrong to wear mismatched ABU blouse and bottom, but it's frowned upon.

Comment

I still postulate that the Marine uniform is pretentious.

I suppose the marines do look a little pretentious. But I like pretentious.

That said, I do like the Mess Dress uniforms you linked to, although I would have given them a peaked collar. The shawl collar just doesn't look as good on something with a more modern cut like that. And the added decorations on it just make the shawl collar push out even more. A peaked collar, I think would be much more flattering.

What?

Its Hyena DANDY, of course I criticize people's clothing.
              Last edited by Hyena Dandy; 07-24-2010, 05:22 AM.
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

. Plus, not to sound sexist, but I've seen a lot more cute Air Force girls than other forces.
                How would that be sexist... considering you are heterosexual I would hope that you find girls cute and it is only natural that different people will have different taste, your taste happens to be for women in Air Force uniforms.
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Actually, did you know that the highest ratio of male-female is in the Air Force? Nearly 40% female (at least, the officer corps).

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                    Bow ties aren't pretentious, they're cool.

:P
                    "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                    A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

I grew up with a Dad in the Air Force & a Grandpa that was retired Air Force. I heart, heart, heart the Air Force dress uniforms!

As for me? The absolute sexiest thing I've ever worn was the uniform I was given to wear at Roy Rogers. Have no clue, but I was hit on constantly (and I and a few other girls ended up dating either some of our customers or one or 2 of the guys who worked in the same strip mall).

ETA: I do like a bow tie, especially when the person is dressed all professor-y.
                      Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade Man D View Post
                        Off topic, but pertaining to the Dr., fez's are also cool
                        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                          Off topic, but pertaining to the Dr., fez's are also cool
                          More on-topic with regards to the Doctor, Martha Jones in her UNIT outfit was hot.

Granted, Martha Jones was hot in general.

As far as real life uniforms, I always found police uniforms to be quite flattering to women (and yes, I do mean the "street blues"). Also, lab coats or scrubs. Smart and/or strong women are hot in my book, and those uniforms really exemplify that, beyond being flattering to the figure in general.
                          Last edited by Arcade Man D; 07-25-2010, 08:58 PM.
                          "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                          A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

Oh, bow ties can be good in certain situations (professors and such), but it doesn't scream "military" to me. I mean, even the Army Ranger beret is more badass than that. (Granted that's probably because it says, "Yes, I'm wearing a beret, but I could still break your neck with my thumb.")

Comment

The Marines have a bloody cape.
                              if it's the boat cloak you're referring to, it's an optional part of the evening dress uniform, and rarely worn. in fact, of the 4 career marine officers i've spoken with (my great uncle, and a few of his friends), in the 20+ years each of them was in the service, they never once witnessed anyone wearing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X