No right to childfree spaces?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bunnyboy View Post
    That being said Slipknot-mom was a moron and is a disservice to Maggot moms who actually care about their kids more than a band.
    Yeah; it was a good thing there were fans around who cared for her kid more than she did. -.-

That was a great night; some guy offered me £150 for my hoodie. Hell no; I'd freeze to death and I love my hoodie! XD

Originally posted by Rebel
    That's where the tweens absolutely love the performer and want to marry them, so they want to get as close to the front as they can. In the mad push to get to the front of the group, people fall, but the rest are too concerned about professing their love to the singer to even care.
    I've been to a concert where something like that happened; not a tweeny concert tho, it was Blur. XD And Damon Albarn stopped the concert twice to tell people to step back three paces. It's a shame that the tweenie performers don't have the same sense.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
      I've been to a concert where something like that happened; not a tweeny concert tho, it was Blur. XD And Damon Albarn stopped the concert twice to tell people to step back three paces. It's a shame that the tweenie performers don't have the same sense.
      My favorite video of a live concert is when Fugazi actually stopped a song and called out a couple of guys for trying to pull out the big bad hit and kick mosh crap... all I can remember is how he called them out for being Icecream eating MFs

actually linkyIcream Eating... (language)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post
        Mosh pits should be formed in the far back so people who are enjoying the band can enjoy the band and the people who feel a need to prove they are tough can play fight away from the mature concert goers.
        Or the people who just want to stand there like statues could stand in the back so that the people who are enjoying the band can enjoy the band.

It works both ways.
        --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Before my condition got worse I attended a few concerts and loved the pit... funny I accidentally got clocked in the temple.. I lost my balance and stumbled as a guy was moving so was not intentional, still I dropped like a stone. Did I get stepped on? Did I get crushed? Nope the guy that accidentally clocked me literally picked me up and I was passed through to security since I couldn't keep focus.. After the concert I got some nifty things the guy felt so bad that he tracked me down.

But I have never been at a concert where the mosh pit was not up front.. next to the boom of the speakers.. and the dazzle of the lights..

And you wanna see squished watch WWE, dude people get nuts trying to get close to the wall to touch one of those guys.

Now back on the topic... Each child should be judged on their own merits. I was going to expensive places when I was quite young because I had the etiquette knowledge and knew what was expected of me. At the same time I also knew how to behave in the military setting and other places. How ever my cousin a few days my junior couldnt go to places I did even as a teen because they were a little demon child... yes the parents fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmik View Post
            Now back on the topic... Each child should be judged on their own merits. I was going to expensive places when I was quite young because I had the etiquette knowledge and knew what was expected of me.
            Same here; my parents could take my brothers and I to restaurants cuz they knew that we'd behave. We knew that the penalty for misbehavior would be that we'd all have to leave and forgo the treat of eating out. My parents, however, would be constantly involving us in the conversation and correcting our behaviour if we did things that were rude; such as reaching over plates. I've seen a lot of parents just yakking to each other, ignoring their kids.

However, we never went out to eat later than six pm; I still stand by the fact that kids do not belong out late at night. If a parent wants to go out on the tiles or to a restaurant after six, then they should get a sitter or just not go. It's not fair to inflict tired, cranky children on other adults who are trying to enjoy themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
              Or the people who just want to stand there like statues could stand in the back so that the people who are enjoying the band can enjoy the band.

It works both ways.

Why should people who actually want to watch the show and get there early have to move so that people who aren't actually paying attention to the stage can try to prove how tough they are by pushing around other equally insecure people. What part of the mosh pit requires it to be upfront? Why can't they go to the back, they will still be able to hear the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                However, we never went out to eat later than six pm; I still stand by the fact that kids do not belong out late at night. If a parent wants to go out on the tiles or to a restaurant after six, then they should get a sitter or just not go. It's not fair to inflict tired, cranky children on other adults who are trying to enjoy themselves.
                since when is after six late at night? in my family we rarely eat before 7, and sometimes later. in the summer here the sun doesn't even go down until after 9.

Comment

Why can't they go to the back, they will still be able to hear the music.
                  Same reason the people who just want to stand there can't, I suppose.
                  --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Because they can't see? Except people moshing aren't watching the stage. They could be in an entirely differant room and not notice as long as the music was pumped in through speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by linguist View Post
                      since when is after six late at night? in my family we rarely eat before 7, and sometimes later. in the summer here the sun doesn't even go down until after 9.
                      And children have to get up to go to school early in the morning, so should be in bed before nine. Maybe in the school holidays, concessions can be made; but not if they're just going to rampage around the restaurant shrieking.
                      Last edited by Lace Neil Singer; 08-04-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by linguist View Post
                        I think it depends on how old the children are. Most younger children have a 7:30-8:00 bedtime, especially during the school year. They should have time between dinner and bedtime to take a bath and wind down.
                        Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Except people moshing aren't watching the stage.
                          You know this for a fact?

Comment

Originally posted by KnitShoni View Post
                            I think it depends on how old the children are. Most younger children have a 7:30-8:00 bedtime, especially during the school year. They should have time between dinner and bedtime to take a bath and wind down.
                            Thanks; that's what I meant. You just explained it better. ^^ When I use "children"; I'm mostly referring to the younger set, unless I'm being facetious. For example, I would hope that most ten year olds are past running around screaming. O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
                              Some place people should be child-free.
                              Fixed that for you.

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
                              Most of the time, the parents of these kids aren't in the front crowd looking out for their child, because what could be safer than an underage concert?
                              Just about anything, I'd imagine.

Sonic Youth
                              Queens of the Stone Age
                              The White Stripes
                              Electric Six
                              Foo Fighters
                              I have trouble imagining a mosh pit for any of those bands... Well, on further reflection, maybe the Foo Fighters.
                              Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 08-04-2010, 02:33 AM.
                              "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                              TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Yet this will be the same woman that when two men are describing the way in which one of them graphically had sex with a woman will freak out on the guys and tell them how their language and topic of conversation is not appropriate because a child is present.

If parents are cool with me talking about whatever the hell I want then feel free to bring your kids where ever you want it won't bother me but don't dare bring your child out into the world and then get pissed because I won't talk like I am in nursery school.

I am an adult and have rights to.

As far as the moshing goes I tend to not go to concerts anymore mostly because everyone I have been to listening to the album was better. I took my little brother to a music festival where moshing was the big thing. The mosh pit was one big brawl and most of the ones bragging about the fights they got in, the teeth they knocked out, the black eyes they gave and got couldn't describe one iota of the actual concert.

I am sure that perhaps at some mosh pits they actually do pay attention to the show but usually that would be people dancing vigorously. The ones where it is fighting from people I have spoken with can't actually remember the show.
                                Last edited by jackfaire; 08-04-2010, 08:37 AM.
                                Jack Faire
                                Friend
                                Father
                                Smartass

Comment

Working...
                                X