Insults that never made an impact this side of the pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
    "Bint" is a portmanteau (I do love that word!) between "bitch" and "cunt." And somehow ends up being less offensive than either of those.
    Is it? Wow...for some reason I had it in my head it was derived from an Arabic insult...interesting to find out how wrong that was. And no, I have no idea where I got that idea from...
    Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
    Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
        One of my favourite phrases ever is "tell it to the back of me sack". It's like "talk to the hand", but a million times better. I wish I was a man so I could use it.
        Not necessarily a disqualification. IIRC, in one of the Sharpe movies (based on the books by Bernard Cornwell), one character said to another "If you were a man, I'd call you out, challenge you to a duel, and shoot you". Sharpe's wife (the Spanish guerilla, killed by a deserter sometime during the series, not the selfish English woman he married later) said that to a senior officer who was thoroughly incompetent, and only had high rank due to the fact that he had bought the commission.

Comment

Working...
        X