Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creepy like beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Boozy and Admin.

Now, I wish I could make a PSA that says just because two or more girls are out on the town by themselves, does NOT MEAN they are out to be hit on or picked up. See the girls hanging out amongst themselves, talking to each other, dancing with each other and only each other? They are NOT INTERESTED in being hit on or taken home. And even if they are dressed nice and dancing with each other, that DOES NOT MEAN approach and be lecherous. It's girls' night. FUCK OFF.

I am also inclinced to agree with Boozy. It's not always because you're fat or ugly. Mostly, it's because I saw you gawking at me for an hour, ominously following me around the bar, and even saw you hiding around a group of people still staring. So, by the time you come up and say something, I think you're a serial killer and need to go away.

Comment

Pitt wouldn't have backed said person into a corner because said person would have welcomed his advances.
      Unless they didn't find him attractive. Or they weren't interested in men. Or, hell, just didn't like the guy. I mean, you can be attractive, and still be a creeper.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

They wouldn't have gushed about him afterwards though. The Pitt example clearly states that Pitt's advances were considered awesome. So it is more than just looks, it is also behavior.

If someone stands, say, with his hand on the wall behind me and very close after we have been flirting for ten minutes, that is welcome. If someone has backed me into the corner while I have frantically been trying to brush him off for ten minutes, that is horrifying. It might start because of looks, but it is the behavior that crosses the line.

Comment

Meh, this is probably the wrong thread for me to begin with. I do not believe anyone has the right to pussy or peen. Those things are parts of someone else' body, and I don't give a shit if they don't like you because you got straight As in math, are black, or weigh more than a hundred pounds, if you are resenting them for not giving you the pussy/peen you 'deserve', you are the creep, not them.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
            For example incredibly hot person leers at them and says something one step away from, "Hop into my bed it could be fun" and I hear "Oh my god that hot guy at the bar was totally hitting on me that is so freaking awesome"
            It could be that I've been watching Leverage too much lately but that kind of line would probably set off my "stab him with a fork he's being suspicious" thoughts no matter what they looked like. And not because of any feelings I have towards myself but completely because I tend to generally be more suspicious/skeptical of that type of guy in general.

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
            Is it just me and having shallow coworkers or do other people see that as well?
            I've known girls who would react like you said to the two difference scenarios no matter how creepy or not creepy the other person was being. I've got to agree with the person who made the comment about weeding out certain girls.

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
            Much of the time, the line between creepy and uncreepy has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with social cues and body language.
            Have to agree with this. I've been hit on by people who I found unattractive. Honestly that in and of itself it didn't creep me out. I may have felt a little nervous about how to properly respond just because I'm sometimes bad with people but so long as they weren't creepy about how they hit on me it wasn't a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
              That's why I've given up. I'm tired of wasting my time.
              Or you may not be wasting your time, as you put it, in the right place.
              If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Working...
              X