No announcement yet.

apparently to some people being raped is a sin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what, Kabe? If someone is going to out and out call a decision I make that has no effect or bearing on anyone's wellbeing but myself "stupid", then I'm going to question that. I might not have been correct assuming you want to apply it to other people, but I still have a problem with people having this mentality since it's this kind of thinking that stops us from solving underdeveloped countries whose populations are so out of control that they are having problems sustaining the food levels to support their populace.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
      Don't want to have kids? Don't have sex.
      and considering only women get pregnant......men can and do just walk away, even married ones...that's about the most hardcore misogynistic thing I've ever read on fratching.

Personally I think making the decision to be responsible, use science and birth control is taking personal responsibility.

My son was born with severe autism, any children I may have had after that had a 25% chance of also having autism, I went on birth control to prevent having another child who will never be a functioning member of society, I have since had my tubes tied, but using your standards I should've ceased having sex with my husband if I didn't want another unhealthy child. That's not even logical, or feasible. I think putting the health of any potential children above my own desire for more children is taking personal responsibility.

Women should not be punished for wanting to have sex without bearing children. What about married women who are told another pregnancy would likely kill them? Are they supposed to just tell their husband, sorry you can never touch me again, or just commit suicide by baby?
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

A healthy sex life is often a major factor in whether or not a marriage is successful. If married couples did not have sex in order to not have children it would most likely lead to more divorces. The divorce rate in America is already too high.

For people like me the method of timing the sex in the cycle is not an option. My cycle is never regular and, therefore, predicting ovulation can be very difficult and an accident is very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
          but I'm pretty sure even the Puritans were getting it on on a pretty regular basis.
          *wicked grin* Yup otherwise I wouldn't be here.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
            Women should not be punished for wanting to have sex without bearing children. What about married women who are told another pregnancy would likely kill them? Are they supposed to just tell their husband, sorry you can never touch me again, or just commit suicide by baby?

THIS ^^^^^ RIGHT HERE.. My Ex had a VERY complicated and dangerous pregnancy with our daughter. Her labor was hell on earth also. without going into too much detail - little or no dilation, given lots of meds, emergancy C-section, technically dead for 5 minutes, not sure if she (Ex) was going to even make it.

Then after daughter was born, more physical problems in the abdominal area leading the Dr.s to conclude that another preganancy WOULD kill her (Ex). we decided the only recouse was to have her tubes tied and burned shut (YES burned).

I guess that the marriage should have ended about 17 years earlier than it did??? OR maybe I should have let the Dr. just let her (Ex) die right after giving birth?????
            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              I think it's fairly obvious from context that she mis-spoke and meant "being raped" not "raping" is not a sin.

^-.-^
              You have it right...meant to put in how I didn't understand how the religious nutbags think being raped is a sin. I think raping somebody is a sin.
              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Wow. Gone for a day and the shit hits the fan.

We're really, really going to go there with birth control?

Personal responsibility? You really want to preach about that?

Don't want kids, don't have sex, you preach? Ok. Then if I don't want to risk a car accident, I shouldn't drive a car. Then I'd lose my job.

Birth control removing personal responsibility. Ohhhh my lordy, that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

That's admirable and even great, to hear that some people still wait to have sex. Seriously, I have respect for that. I do. But don't lash out or judge others for their decision.

The people who are most against birth control are also usually the most against any form of help for people who can't afford to take care of their kids. So go figure.

I say, ANY woman (and hopefully someday, men as well) who wants to prevent pregnancy, go to your doc and find what's right for you. And do it. Take responsibility and control of your body.

THAT is responsibility in itself. And it's a shame others just fail to realize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                  Part of my issue with birth control is that it's used a lot to remove personal responsibility. And that's stupid.
                  Could you please, explain this to me?

I do not understand how using birth control removes responsibility. After all you are making sure what you do does not have undesirable consequences.

To me that is taking responsibility, not avoiding it.

I honestly do not understand your point.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
                    I do not understand how using birth control removes responsibility.
                    I suspect Kheldarson meant 'removes consequences" instead of "responsiblity". However, using birth control removes the same consequences (pregnancy), so there's something else being said here.

When I hear "responsibility" in certain contexts while discussing sex and sexuality, what I really hear is "punishment".

And why should there be punishment for having sex? Because some people consider it to be wrong and dirty outside of marriage and naturally, people who do wrong and dirty things need to be punished.

That's a moral (and sometimes religious) argument that really has no basis in fact. It's just how some people feel about sex.

Personally, I don't feel that thinking about sex that way is healthy, and I treat sex the same way as any other moderately risky behaviour, like driving a car. Using birth control mitigates the risk of unwanted consequences, sort of like buying snow tires.

Comment

Part of my issue with birth control is that it's used a lot to remove personal responsibility. And that's stupid.
                      Birth control doesn't REMOVE responsibility, it IS responsibility.

It removes consequences. Just like a condom removes the same consequences (of pregnancy).

Responsibility is about taking steps to avoid consequences.
                      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                        Responsibility is about taking steps to avoid consequences.
                        Which is why no one would suggest that jumping out of an airplane without a parachute is the responsible thing to do.
                        Jack Faire
                        Friend
                        Father
                        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                          Which is why no one would suggest that jumping out of an airplane without a parachute is the responsible thing to do.
                          I don't know, there are a few people on the planet that it would be the responsible course of action for.
                          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

For that we have very tall buildings.

Get them into basejumping and fill thier chute with frilly underwear.

Comment

I can think of other reasons jumping out of a plane without a parachute would be a responsible thing to do. I did it myself just the other day. Of course, the plane was on the ground and stationary at the time
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                                I hate hearing about "God's will" in these cases. If there is a God and it's his will that a mentally-handicapped girl would be raped and then forced to carry the baby, then God can go fuck himself with a rusty screwdriver.
                                *claps*

Couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X