Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any foreign animal delicacies you would not eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've eaten rabbit, pig's blood tofu, pig's ears, sheep's stomach and all other things. I won't eat bugs because they're gross, or rabbit again (because that's like eating Bugs Bunny), dog meat, cat meat, etc.

Basically, I'm willing to eat anything that has been raised on a farm, but not as a pet.

Comment

I've eaten rabbit (popular in Italy), puffin (generally popular in the North Artic) and pilot whale (also generally popular in the North Arctic). But animal genitals, heads, offals and bugs - that's a no-go for me.

Comment

I won't eat cephalapods. they've been shown to have the intelligence of a primate(which I also won't eat), so just no. I grew up on a farm, all the "food" was also "pets" to an extent(treated well, cared for, named, loved, especially as babies) so as long as the animal was raised as a "food pet" and not a "pet pet", I think I'd be ok with it
        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I will try certain things. I have had snail (delicious to me), gator (at the Everglades), deer (caught in the wild. Made a kickass spaghetti dinner), chicken liver, heart.

I will not eat dogs, cats, lizards, bugs and probably a few other things.

Comment

No bugs for me either.

Comment

I've happily chowed down on venison (tasted gorgeous), bison, rabbit, pheasant, duck, kidney (lovely in a pie) as well as the usual fare.

I wouldn't eat nervous tissue (that includes eyes) but would happily eat other animals bar dogs, cetaceans, cats and some bush meats.
              The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Working...
              X