Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Pills

Not really a "hate", just an irk.

I'm not the best of people when it comes to taking pills anyway, and my BC pill is a really small, peach colored pill. I mean, really, really small.

I had my hand cupped and was about to pop it and sure enough it falls between my fingers and onto the floor and into the carpet and I have no fucking idea where it went. I took another and figure I may step on it later, but meh, probably not. It's so small, it's gone for good.

Good thing I can get my script a few days before I'm out, thank the Lord, I'm already one day in the hole.

My BC pill is like that, too! And while normally I like that as I have a difficult time swallowing pills...

I remember one time trying to take it on a Greyhound bus.

I dropped it.

I didn't even TRY to search for that thing, can you imagine how gross the bus is?!
    "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Ugh, those things are tiny. Like Gravol. Not that I take them obviously. But I am familiar with their exsistence and operation. ;p

Comment

Don't do the bc thing but I take a handful of vitamins/supplements/blood pressure/diabetes pills ...and can usually get them in one try These are big ones, middle ones and tiny ones. And I do it over the kitchen counter in case I drop any lol.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Stuff it in something else. Like, say, a spoonful of pudding - something you wouldn't chew.

No chance of dropping it, and not something that would likely effect the pills purpose.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
            Don't do the bc thing but I take a handful of vitamins/supplements/blood pressure/diabetes pills ...and can usually get them in one try
            Impressive!

My vitamin supplement is massive, and its not coated. I need at least half a glass of water to get it down.

My migraine pills are about the size of a birth control pill, and I hate that they're so tiny. They cost about $20 a pop, so I'm paranoid about dropping one on the floor and losing it. Plus, my dogs are always sniffing around at my feet, so if they got to it first.... I'd be rushing to the vet's.

It doesn't help that I'm usually taking these migraine pills at a time when I'm half-blind, numb, and with shaking hands.

Comment

I can dry swallow a half a dozen pills at one time.

But I can only do this once at a time. Then my gag reflex kicks into high gear, and I have trouble attempting to take any other pills for at least half an hour.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I hate tiny pills too.

If they don't get caught between the fingers, and possibly dropped, as has been mentioned, they may get caught between the gum and cheek once popped in the mouth.

Up until my hospitalization in the Summer of '08, for my entire life as far as I can recall, (nearly 50 years), would often have trouble with large "horse pills", and couldn't bring myself to swallow more than one, even small or normal sized pill at once.

That changed though, during my stay, when I'd be delivered several pills in one little cup, and being in bed, even with the upper body raised, it would be akward to try to get just one pill from the cup to the other hand, then to the mouth.

So, I got over my resistance to taking more than one pill at a time, and will pop a couple headache pills, or whatever together with no problem. Still a little uncomfortable wit the horse pills though.

In any case, as has always been I need plenty of water to gulp them down. Some people can take pills dry. I don't understand how they can do that, unless there's absolutely no water, or other liquid, to take them with.

Mike
                If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

I've dropped one of my pills in my purse before...which is like dropping things into a black hole. My bag is big enough to carry my 11X14 portfolio book, just to give some perspective.

I have no issues swallowing pills though. Years of migraines (without knowing that's what they were) made sure of that.

Comment

I totally agree!

I'd rather take huge 'horse pills' than those small, easily dropped ones. At least if i drop a horse pill, I can see it.

Comment

The color drives me crazy as well because it's so bland, it can match right into the carpet. If it were bright blue or pink, I probably would have been able to find it.

Comment

When I first started BC, that happened a lot, but I always went looking for it, since I took them at home. You get the hang of them eventually. When I have my clumsy days, I pop open the little compartment right into my mouth and swallow, since I don't require water for them.
                        "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Mine come in a pack labelled by days of the week, and you press it inwards and then turn it upside down to eject the pill into your hand.

I take mine right before bed (except for two days of the week), so it wouldn't be a good idea to take it with food.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                            Stuff it in something else. Like, say, a spoonful of pudding - something you wouldn't chew.
                            The problem I have is just getting the damn things out of the packs. They come packaged in these little foil-covered packs, so you have to press on one side to pop the pill out the other, and just last night, one of my BC pills went flying, straight into the sink and straight down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                              Mine come in a pack labelled by days of the week, and you press it inwards and then turn it upside down to eject the pill into your hand.
                              That's how mine are. I just couldn't find a way to describe it. I still do what I said I do on my clumsiest days.
                              "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X