No announcement yet.

Small Pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never press through. I always just peel the foil off.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieTheCat View Post
      The problem I have is just getting the damn things out of the packs. They come packaged in these little foil-covered packs, so you have to press on one side to pop the pill out the other, and just last night, one of my BC pills went flying, straight into the sink and straight down the drain.
      Back up protection, dear.

I have a 20 year old smartass upstairs as a reminder of when I lost two of mine in the same month.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
        Back up protection, dear.

I have a 20 year old smartass upstairs as a reminder of when I lost two of mine in the same month.
        We pretty much always use condoms anyway, even when I'm not forgetting/missing pills.

Comment

Fortunately, I'm able to refill as early as day 20, mine come with 28 pills and no placebos because this is a non-period type of pill. So not only do you risk getting preggo if you miss, you also risk getting your period right back.

Comment

I take several vitamins and supplements as well as my bc every morning. What I do is put each pill in one of those bathroom paper cups and take them all at once with some water. On the days my throat doesn't want to work with me, I take one at a time out of the cup. My bc are blue and green so it's a little easier to seem them on an off-white carpet, but they are still a pain in the ass when dropped.

Comment

The ones I hate are the big oddly shaped ones. A lot of older aspirin tablets are cylindrical in shape, so they have nice little edges to get caught in my throat. Sometimes the pill is even a weird trapezoid shape or something...who the hell thinks of this stuff? Just give me a smooth, round or oval shaped pill for gods sake!

Comment

I know what you mean - I've often wondered about the weird shapes.

I guess they'd be handy for people on various different kinds of meds. Maybe make it easier to know exactly what the pill is supposed to be.

My understanding is that cylindrical pills are supposed to be easier for people to swallow. Except they always seem to go down sideways for me.

Comment

Aye, me too.

I've always had problems swallowing the damn things anyway. Sensitive gag reflex. I frequently choke on my pills and have to hack them back up and try again. Later, of course. As someone else said, I get like one shot a day and then my gagging kicks in.

Comment

I've never cared for taking pills, but I couldn't be on the shot anymore and this Pill stops your period, so I figured I'd deal with it.

These pills are so damn tiny, I can't believe they have to be so small and so dull-colored that they'd match any carpet that they fall onto.

Comment

On the colour thing, if children find them the logic is that brightly coloured ones are going to be more likely thought of as sweets/candy.

Rapscallion
                      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                        I guess they'd be handy for people on various different kinds of meds. Maybe make it easier to know exactly what the pill is supposed to be.
                        that's one reason, definitely. it also helps prevent mixups at the pharmacy, and having pills in different shapes helps narrow the field dramatically in trying to identify the drug in the case of an accidental overdose on an unknown prescription when the patient is unconscious or otherwise incapacitated.

Comment

You should see how small my Mom's nitro pills are...they are smaller then my BC pills.

Comment

Instead of coloring the pills, get a more brightly colored carpet

I don't take anything regularly now, but have always found it far easier to swallow pills dry. After all, which is more to swallow, the pills, or the pills plus a mouthful of water?
                            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                              Instead of coloring the pills, get a more brightly colored carpet

I don't take anything regularly now, but have always found it far easier to swallow pills dry. After all, which is more to swallow, the pills, or the pills plus a mouthful of water?
                              True but the water helps slide them down better....
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                                True but the water helps slide them down better....

Yeah, for me too anyway.

I don't know if this is scientifically accurate, but it seems that the water helps to "lube" the throat by making it wetter, and that with a moderate to somewhat hard swallow, the water will help flush, or push the pill(s) down.

Mike
                                If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

Working...
                                X