No announcement yet.

Is This Abusive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, there are much worse abuses going on out there. Is this still abuse?

YES.

Sounds to me as thought the parents are (1) enjoying being in total control and, in this case, saw an opportunity to both show their control AND get a free gift out of it. Go find a help group and talk to 'em. These groups see huge, nasty, horrible stuff regularly; the fact that they can work with big stuff likely means they're REALLY good at smaller stuff. They can and will help.

Comment

I'd tell mom and dad to go fuck themselves, but that is me personally. I would also inform your mother that she has x time to return the money or else you we're pressing charges and taking her to court.

Comment

Yeah, that is how I was in HS, I couldn't get a job because I'm not riding my bike 5 miles which is the nearest place of employment and 10miles for the whole strip of places likely to higher a teenager, there was no fucking way my mom was going to be inconvenienced and take me to work.

I still live at home after I came back from college because the economy sucks, I could easily move out and have an apartment and be happier but spend $400 a month means I can't save money to eventually buy a house and not be constantly stressed. Although, if my parents were going to extremes to charge me for shit and take MY money that was a gift to me, I would get out. Actually at one point my mom told me she wanted $400 a month for me to live here, and my dad told he to shut up. which was good because at that rate I would DO nothing around the house and not be subject to their rules because if im gonna pay money I might as well have my own place without someone kicking in my door to bitch about a facebook post of "Worked sucked today, glad I got a few days to relax"

The mother mentioned in the OP, needs to take a fucking chill pill. I kind of see the situation similar to mine, my parents aren't fucking happy with their lives so they try their best to put me down and make me feel like a piece of shit. You just got to ignore it and try to enjoy life, I would definitely back up my stuff incase I got booted out for taking a stand.

Comment

It's either abuse or it's stealing. Either way, it's wrong. I hope some way is found for it to not happen again.

Comment

Working...
          X