No announcement yet.

Anyone know what song this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's something in the introduction, but I couldn't explain what.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

its been a decade since I've heard either and the last time Georgia Brown was heard it was in an Engrish style, hence me hearing it as Georgie Brown, that and as women were singing it they might have swapped gender.

But did googling the keyboard help?
      or was that your first stop before this thread?

Comment

HYHYBT, here ya go:

One of 'em is called "Midnight Blue". There are many songs under that title, but this one was originally in French and was sung by Michèle Torr; an English cover was then sung by Louise Tucker. The version I'm after was one of these two (I forget which, been seventeen years since I heard it, though I think it was the latter) with the vocals replaced by a powerful, fiery solo trumpet. I now know this is by a Dutch trumpeter named Piet Knarren, and was a small hit where he's from, but there are zero copies online as far as I can tell. This used to be played on a Seattle radio station called K-LITE, which closed in 1994.

The other one was also played on K-LITE. It was a cover of Toto's "Africa" that was 100% identical to the original, instruments and all - it was the same recording, basically - with the lyrics replaced by instruments. I know nothing on the history of this one.

K-LITE did not usually ID the songs they played, so occasionally I'd call them and ask after I heard something. I got three songs IDed this way, but they all took years to find... because in all cases, the DJ gave me the wrong title, and in all three, it seems no song exists under the titles they gave me. One example being "Ballade Pour Adeline" by Richard Clayderman, which they IDed only as title "Let the Nations Play", no artist given.

K-LITE was, I'm told, what they call a "beautiful music" format. It was easy listening stuff, almost Muzak but not quite, and I loved it. They played lots of songs I never got IDed.
        Last edited by Skunkle; 08-28-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

It kinda sounds like Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega maybe?

Comment

A 1 year old could play Tom's Diner on a piano, considering its an accapella song originally, the link is someone lip syncing to the DNA feat. Mix but its probably better than the official video not that I remember it from way back when.

That remix got me into Suzanne and I stayed up till stupid oclock to watch a half hour sepia shot spotlight of her "Suzanne Vega" album, I think its self titled as I have no idea of any other name, the one with Marlena on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by flybye023 View Post
              It kinda sounds like Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega maybe?
              She related to vincent vega?

Comment

So I miraculously found the keyboard I thought I'd sold and got to hear the song again. I was close. It's a yamaha keyboard and it's track 7 of the pre-recorded songs and it's called "Special Night". Nothing on Wikipedia or Youtube for it.

Comment

Link - it IS on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7iTbFo8p8

Comment

Working...
                  X