No announcement yet.

Wedding Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds a lot like Wal-Mart. Groceries, tires, towels, light bulbs, clothes, televisions, dishware, deodorant...
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

A bit classier than Walmart, I think; plus it doesn't sell any food items. ^^ You go there, pick out what you want then write the catalogue number down on an order form, then take the order form over to the till. You pay, then go to the pick up bit next to the till to collect what you just paid for. You can also order stuff online. It's quite a good store; I've bought a watch from there for a lot cheaper than I'd get it if I went to a jewellers.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Argos (and it's afaik defunct competitor) Index are what we call over here 'Catalogue shops' a small shop front and a huge(ish) warehouse back end.
        It's kind of like how web shops are now but with a store front.

Cash is and isn't tacky, if the couple skinted themselves on a lavish wedding, then yes it sounds tacky.
        If how ever you know them to be on a budgeted wedding and money might be an issue, it seems less of a "help fund my wedding." than the first scenareo.

Granted no one wan't to recieve duplicates or octuplets of the same damn thing, especially if its cookware that a live in couple would no doubt already have by now, unless there is a list to choose from (with most items similarly priced) I see nothing wrong with treating it like you would when buying both gifts for birthday/christmas.
        He likes Dr Who, she doesn't
        Fine get her something similarly priced that she is going to like, or if her's is way more (but affordable to you) think about upping his to a sonic screwdriver and a tardis or something.

I forget the show, might have been cold feet, I don't remember as it was late 90's and I had only seen a few episodes of the show, the couple in question had their list with the local sex shop
        a strap on for her and an inflateable prostate ring seat for him

Comment

I believe Circuit City used to run like that, once upon a time. What advantages, if any, does that setup have over a regular store?
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

One of the greatest advantages to not having a full store with stock available is reduced shrink. Shoplifters can't lift what isn't on display. That, and if your stock is on back shelves waiting to be pulled for orders, it won't be pawed through by customers and have to be re-faced constantly, you always know how much you have, because it's all in one location already.

Also, insurance premiums would be lower do to the reduced access to the public. You'd only need to insure the public access areas for that, and then the entire rest of the facility would only be for the employees.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Never mind regular shrink outside of theft, which generally happens when product gets moved around the store by customers or staff because of refacing/changing planograms/just general absent-mindedness. The fewer motions a piece of stock has to go through to get from store to customer, the less likely it is to go missing/be miscounted. Controlling inventory is a gigantic piece of the budget for any store.

Comment

Working...
              X