The Way I feel about a CS poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Way I feel about a CS poster

I don’t feel great admitting it, but I just got to let it out. I can't stand this person posts. I try, but they come out always whiny, bitchy and self grandiose. "I am the greatest (blank) in the world" "people who don’t appreciate my (blank) are idiots" "I am a Picasso of (blank) so FU if you don’t agree” (not actual quotes). And then ton after ton of shaft stroking hee’s and haws. I just don’t know why it rubs me the wrong way. I have this person already in ignore but since I view CS mostly as a visitor I can't help looking, hoping to change my perception, Unfortunately it has gotten worse with a new and improved Queen Bee mentality.
    Last edited by Josh; 03-16-2012, 05:10 AM.

It's not me is it? *hides in a paper bag* I thorry. People need to tell me these things!

[/insecure mode]

I have always maintained that I think it's silly to expect someone to get along just wonderfully with everyone in their community. There is always going to be someone who just rubs you up the wrong way, sometimes unashamedly. I get ferociously pissed off with a couple of the members in another society I'm in, hating the way they try to micromanage what I do for my hobby; when I finally met them in RL it was so gratifiying to tell them to shut the hell up when they tried it again. -_-;; It's not polite or pleasant and I'm not proud of snapping at him, but for the sake of my sanity I couldn't let it slide.

I also believe well and truly in the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory...being X miles away and protected through a computer screen gives everyone a chance to be an anonymous arsehole if they're not careful.

Comment

You'll find it's not the idiot that bothers you, it's other idiots that gobble it right up like it were gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
        I also believe well and truly in the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory...being X miles away and protected through a computer screen gives everyone a chance to be an anonymous arsehole if they're not careful.
        I learned a long time ago that you're not as anonymous as you think you are.

Comment

I've been reading posts on CS for some time now, longer than I've been a member here.
          But late last year I stopped reading Gravekeeper's weekly post, mostly due to it being a weekly post that it was anticipated like the next issue or episode of some magazine or show.

I did and probably would still enjoy his posts, but after a while the fanbase replies got tiring, I could just read the OP and be done with it I guess, I think the clincher for me was when someone posted that they could not find his post and it was almost Tuesday, one of the mods or a long standing member had to placitate said poster that there was nothing amis and that he was on holiday, you can't post about SC's if you don't encounter them.

I honestly imagined them getting the seditives out and nice white soft walls.

Comment

I avoid the entire issue with GKs posts, by opening them, setting to 'print version', and printing them out, so I never even see the rest of the thread.

Comment

If you really have a problem with someone, you can always PM a mod or Raps. Unless, of course, you're talking about a broad spectrum of people with a herd mentality.

Comment

I learned a long time ago that you're not as anonymous as you think you are.
                Which is fine, so long as you remember it.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                  Which is fine, so long as you remember it.
                  I try to carry myself online pretty much how I carry myself in person.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                    But late last year I stopped reading Gravekeeper's weekly post, mostly due to it being a weekly post that it was anticipated like the next issue or episode of some magazine or show.
                    How do you think I feel? >.> Especially lately when I've been coming and going due to IRL issues making it difficult to post. I freely admit I've almost walked away from CS on a number of occasions. Both due to the amount of writing time involved and due to a few select incidents of user farkery that have occurred in the past. I mean thats a lot of writing time I could be devoting to my own website ( which I've had sidelined for like 2 years now sitting on the domain ) or one of my novel manuscripts.

Trust me, the fangirls use to disturb me as much as anyone else. -.-

Comment

iir there are three words that really rattle your cage
                      colour disguising trousers

Comment

iir there are three words that really rattle your cage
                        colour disguising trousers
                        "pink camo".

Comment

I didn't want to say the full phrase so chose alternate wording, but even then that might have had the same effect.

I lost count of these types of posts
                          my only contribution to this thread is to post

"Pink camo pants hurhur"

Comment

I lost count of these types of posts
                            You and me both. Stupidest part is its not something I've mentioned in years in any of my posts nor was it something I mentioned all the time to begin with. I've even mentioned loathing the reference a few times on CS yet it persists. Its like going up to Bill Murray and regurgitating a line from Ghostbusters to him every time you see him. -.-

Thing that really broke my trust in CS though was when a select few dipshits went and outed me to one of the subjects of a post. Since then I've frankly felt quite half hearted about CS and aside from my weekly posts, rarely join in with any discussions or spend much time reading it anymore. Had to take down my Youtube channel and its pseudo podcasts.

Thanks to that fuckery even if I did have my own website finished, I would not be able to link my GK persona to my website persona ( or indeed any other online persona I have ). So no one will ever know my website anyhow now.

Comment

Some people, methinks, need to find some new hobbies that don't rely on random people doing things on a schedule.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X