Computer DIY Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Ahhhh...i've looked a few with handles but they're always remarkably stupid looking ( In an attempt to appeal to "l33t gamerz" ) or they weigh so much the handle is sort of pointless anyhow. >.>

For me its mostly the case weight I'm concerned with, but its really hard to shop for cases by weight.
    A handle is a great idea, just don't do this:

Comment

Ahhhh...i've looked a few with handles but they're always remarkably stupid looking ( In an attempt to appeal to "l33t gamerz" ) or they weigh so much the handle is sort of pointless anyhow.
      What I had was an X-QPACK in blue. The handle actually felt fairly sturdy, and wasn't so thin that the weight of the computer itself made it too uncomfortable to carry. The second version had a non-folding metal handle bolted onto the front of the case which I didn't like the look of at all, so went back to a mid-tower because there's more room so more options, and less heat issues, which mattered to my set-up.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        What I had was an X-QPACK in blue. The handle actually felt fairly sturdy, and wasn't so thin that the weight of the computer itself made it too uncomfortable to carry. The second version had a non-folding metal handle bolted onto the front of the case which I didn't like the look of at all, so went back to a mid-tower because there's more room so more options, and less heat issues, which mattered to my set-up.
        Not bad. Little busier than a Lian Li, but just a 1 x 120mm fan and bad venting with the panel windows must have been killer for heat. Mine has 2 x 120mm's in front and an 80 in the back. 1 of the 120's feeds directly into the vid card intake. With intake vents directly over the the vid card and cpu on the side panels. Keeps it surprisingly cool for the amount of room, but have to be really careful about not blocking any of the intakes. It can't be flush against the wall or anything. Needs breathing space all around it.

Comment

Keeps it surprisingly cool for the amount of room, but have to be really careful about not blocking any of the intakes. It can't be flush against the wall or anything. Needs breathing space all around it.
          Nice. Needless to say, the original Q-PACK was an early breadbox model, thus the craptacular cooling. However, my computer usually lives on my desk, and other than stuff sitting on top of it, it's kept fairly clear.

As for upgrades, side-grades, and general replacements, I've been fairly fortunate. Unlike Nekojin's trials, my biggest problem with a replacement was when one of the PSU cables came loose during a swap. I got very frustrated while sifting through forums with my phone trying to find the issue. Once I found the culprit, however, I did get a rather head-swelling sense of satisfaction over having defeated the issue that conspired to keep me offline.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X