No announcement yet.

Berserk Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my co-workers is a berserk button for me all on her own. All she does all day long is bitch and moan about things. Seriously. Another thing that doesn't quite make me berserk, but does bug the hell out of me, is people mispronouncing cigarette names. What's a " Marblo"? I mean, they even mix up a simple brand like GPC, and call it GCP, and they say LMN instead of L&M. Why? Just WHY??

Comment

For the same reason I more than once spent an hour on the phone with someone having trouble with the McD's computer labeled "CMU" who consistently pronounced it "see you em."
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Forgive me...it was a...CUMputer...wow. No. Add me to the list that hates stupid people, as well!

Comment

You're not alone, Bren. People and their little cute cigarette names drove me nuts. Look, you can call them whatever you want when you're smoking them. When you come to the store, you ask for Newports, not "Jewports, durr herr herr!"

Comment

Originally posted by BrenDAnn View Post
            One of my co-workers is a berserk button for me all on her own. All she does all day long is bitch and moan about things. Seriously. Another thing that doesn't quite make me berserk, but does bug the hell out of me, is people mispronouncing cigarette names. What's a " Marblo"? I mean, they even mix up a simple brand like GPC, and call it GCP, and they say LMN instead of L&M. Why? Just WHY??
            oh same here....I have a co worker who is nothing but depressing every time I talk to him. He is NEVER happy and I hate dealing with him.

I also get really bugged when people insist on calling any object by the wrong name. Like some damn name they made up themselves that doesn't match with the rest of society.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Ugh. You people are bringing up bad feelings... >_>

I, too, despise people who can't be arsed to learn the names of the things they use.

Something goes wrong with their computer at work, and they not only don't have the first clue what they were doing when it happened, but they also don't have the first clue as to what and where the problem might be, so they waste a whole lot of everybody else's time doing useless things.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When people are simultaneously doing something to piss you off (or something already has), and they are almost passive-aggressively trying to cheer you up when they are the ones who made it the problem.

Probably doesn't make a lot of sense, let me try to make an example.

All I ask when I have to work my back to back 12 hour shifts, is please, for the love of God, SOMEONE take out the garbage and please don't let the house turn into a war zone, just pick up after yourselves so that when I get home, I don't need to spend hours cleaning up after everyone.

I come home, there's dirt tracked all over the rugs, dog hair everywhere, dirt on the sink and back of the toilet, garbage overflowing onto the floor.

Everyone is just sitting in front of the TV or on their laptops, because they've had such "long hard days".

I'm just fuming at how rude it is that no one else cleans up, and my mom starts her sing-song voice going "Shhhhhhhh, calm down, settle down, ENJOOOOOOOOY LIFE! Caaaaalm dowwwwn, it's a huge with lots of people in it, shhhhhhhhhhhhh you need to REEEEELAXXXXX...."

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  I'm just fuming at how rude it is that no one else cleans up, and my mom starts her sing-song voice going "Shhhhhhhh, calm down, settle down, ENJOOOOOOOOY LIFE! Caaaaalm dowwwwn, it's a huge with lots of people in it, shhhhhhhhhhhhh you need to REEEEELAXXXXX...."
                  I'm so confrontational about bullshit like this.

I'd be storing that crap and the next time she got all aggro over something to do with the house not being cleaned, I'd parrot it right back.

I'm just lucky that my mother never pulled that sort of thing.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X