"Your" experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmbrosiaWriter View Post
    I've hucked an ax and got it to stick in the target at a Ren faire. I guess that makes me Xena.
    I tried it at an SCA event in 2003 and got the thing into the target once in about 15 tries. I am obviously not viking!

I will admit that it was a lot of fun. If you get a good group that doesn't have a stick up their respective butts, and everybody works at being safe learning to shoot guns, arrows, crossbow bolts, knives or axes [or sapirkas] can be an absolute blast. I can also remember learning to use flint and steel and friction bow to start fires and having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
      Only if you did it in a leather miniskirt while shouting a ululating war cry. Wow, I spelled ululating right the first time. I was not expecting that.
      Uhm, it wasn't made of leather... but I was wearing a corset and ululating a war cry because, as I said before I threw the axe;

"It's more about the intent than actual skill... If I miss I'll skill scare the hell out of whoever I was throwing it at!"

Axe guy at the booth said it was actually the most fearsome thing he'd seen all day.

Comment

This thread made me think of my two oldest daughters running around the yard playing Zena and Gabrielle. They were so little then just having fun and now they have kids of their own. Damn I'm getting old.
        I used to do Civil War re-enacting and providing I didn't loose the drawing and have to play an damnyankee we southern soldiers were alway encouraged to use the rebel-yell. After a few of those my throat would get sore so I'd just go through the motions but remain silent.
        Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

My father took me hunting when I was young. I have fired a shotgun, a .357 (under very careful guidance of a police officer who was my best friends father). I can strip down a M-16..and have fired it. When I was in the Military I was able to hit 36 out of 40 targets..which they consider a sharp shooter. I've had live fire night training, where I crawled under barb wire while bullets whizzed past my head.

I am about as much an expert on fire arms as a hawk is. I can't tell you what most guns are by looking at them, the only thing I do know is which is the dangerous end. That is about it.

Comment

My mom has a master's in special education.

Thus, so do I.

Lamarck knows what's up.
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
            X