Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well if they don't want me living there, they can keep it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a single guy, and one reason I would want a house instead of an apartment is because I like hard rock music and sometimes,

<KISS>
    I love it LOUD, I wanna hear it loud, right between the eyes!
    </KISS>

Or maybe I want a spare room to use as a computer room/home arcade/LEGO building space.

Comment

I rented a 5 bed, 3 and a half bath queen anne victorian once. No roomies, just ME. It was great. I had book cases everywhere. I had space for all my furniture. I could have *guests* and not worry about tripping over them in the living room flopped on couches and scattered across the floor in sleeping bags. I had a kitchen, with a full walk in pantry, and 2 fridges and a freezer. When my parents came to visit I didn't have to fob them off on a hotel somewhere.

I would kill to have the place back again. Or at least something with at least 3 bedrooms and 3 and a half bathrooms, a large living room, a large kitchen, a separate dining room and a pantry/utility room. Other purposed rooms would be welcome

Comment

I had a place like that before. Not that big, of course, but a 4 bed, 2 bath house I got for the same price that a 2 bedroom apt would've cost me.

I took the master bedroom, turned one room into an office, another room into a music studio / practice room, and the last room was a guest room for friends that needed a place to crash or family that came into town.
        Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

My middle aunt has a 4 bedroom, 2 story, 2 bath, with basement place to herself and her dogs. Never anyone else but her and she's been there for 30 years at least.

Most of the place is filled with books and bookshelves, with at least one bedroom purposed over to her sewing room and another dominated by her musical instruments.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Andara, my grandmother had a house like that. For most of the last 20 years of her life, she had a huge, 1860s farmhouse. 4 bedrooms, dining room, front parlor, etc. all to herself and her cat. She had been there since the 1950s, and didn't plan on going anywhere. One of the bedrooms was her sewing room, plus her room, my bedroom, and the guest room. She probably didn't need all that space, nor did she really need 80 acres, but to her, it was home.

That place got sold in 2007, and I'd kill to get it back! I'd keep the house pretty much as she had it, but move my cars and trains into the carriage house. That building was big enough that I could get both cars inside downstairs, plus a small shop...and my train layout and possible "guest suite" upstairs.

Comment

If you have the want and the means, the opinion of someone else is moot (unless that opinion is your spouses)
              Last edited by Josh; 08-29-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X