No announcement yet.

I feel the stiffing was justified.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Racket... I must disagree with you. If this was a house, as it sounds to be then there is no reason to believe someone with cash money is lying. Who else would be waiting on the porch for a pizza?

I could see an apartment building with someone at the entrance or along the way, but a house no. If you walk up to a house and there is someone waiting, then there is a good reason. Yes they should have mentioned that when they called. That makes things easier. But once the guy opened the door and walked in that should have been the end of it.

I've been the victim of two attempted (and horribly failed) robberies while on delivery, one was a set up at an abandoned house and the other was completely random which is why I no longer have my cartopper when going to the shit areas of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      Even credit card orders require the card at the door.
      Not always. It's been years since someone has asked to see my card at the door. Asking to see a coupon is still 50/50 if I'm using one that day. This includes when I didn't live in the most awesome area.

Comment

That must be a regional or chain thing, then. Not only do the Pizza Hut drivers ask to see the card, here, but they take an imprint of it. on their copy of the receipt.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We require Credit Card at the doors now... because we no longer enter them on the site. All the delivery (and Taxi) companies now have Cell-Debit readers, so you swipe/tap/chip at the door.

Of course as I found last night, when you tap for Credit on those machines it didn't give me a chance to put in a tip. Had to scrounge up some cash for him after it.

Comment

Be aware: if you're in the Chicago area and doing the taxi thing, don't use a card. There's a suspected hack problem that's being investigated by at least one bank.

Article at Ars Technica
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              Be aware: if you're in the Chicago area and doing the taxi thing, don't use a card. There's a suspected hack problem that's being investigated by at least one bank.

Article at Ars Technica
              Expect more of that sort of thing as wireless payments ramp up. And while you're at it, expect more point-of-sale breaches. Use credit, not debit cards.

Comment

2 semi related posts made it to not always working, in both instances I would have done the 2nd's and not the firsts, though TBH I probably would have done neither if given the option (tale one did not give that option, tale two did)

First post was about a student ID where it was costly to renew each semester so they just had a sticker that said the new valid dates, teller is unaware of this and rips the sticker off saying "nice try on the forgery there" trying to be a mini argabarga whilst at it.
                Customer says that's how the uni does the ID's and they have now voided her ID and she will have to pay to get it fixed (didn't in the end but it was a possibility) and pays full RRP instead of the one euro less student price.

Given that I might have to pay to get my ID fixed back on campus (and perhaps loose out on class time or get it done the next days lunch time loosing out on that) I would have just said fuck it and walked away leaving what I assume to be a Subways type franchise.
                It had not got to the stage of handing over money, just the card, which was returned sans valid date sticker.

Morals Vs Hunger and it's only a Euro, but I think it said it could cost ten for a new card, no idea how much the food was, but it could be half to 3/4 the price of the new card.

2nd tale the (again subway type shop) clerk is a bit of a dick, Canadian couple somewhere in America, GF is Asian.
                Guy orders no problem, girl gets interrupted with "I don't speak Chinese."
                "She's not Chinese she's Vietnamese."
                "Still don't speak the lingo, it would be best if you order for her."

Guy then orders hers and adds more to his, gets to the cash station with clerk bagging 2 heavily modified meals costing more than a generic.
                "You know what, forget it." both walk out.

2nd tale is being a dick to a dick, couple were visiting so its not as if they have to deal with them again, or have their CCTV footage broadcast to all franchises saying "These guys owe us money do not serve."
                But it could have ended with them saying "You know what, fuck it." long before the server touched any food which if going by the book went straight in the bin.

Comment

Working...
                X