Lemode mgz Redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    The redirect likely works through javascript. You can turn that off, or set it to not allow redirects.
    ^ Likely that. From what I see its affecting basically every OS and device that can execute javascript. Which means its likely not something local on your machine like a virus or malware. Its an ad hijack being served up at random through Google ads it seems.

I haven't hit it myself but I have things fairly locked down on my interwebs out of paranoia and annoyance of these sorts of things. If its coming through Google ads its likely targetted at certain sites or demographcis. So I may just not be on the right sites for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
      I have an android tablet and I have AVG, free edition. Is that good?

/threadjack
      AVG is kind of butt. I mean, it works but its pretty average and kinda clunky. It use to be pretty good but its declined a bit over the years. Generally ranks below other freeware antivirus like Bitdefender or Avira.

Comment

Here's an article describing this. It's apparently a problem with Google Adsense, but as the author of the article asks, why the hell hasn't google done anything about this? It's been going on for a week and while there appears to be no malware, it's extremely annoying.

Comment

This has been going on for years actually.

The problem is that shutting down the ads is like playing whack-a-mole. You get one shut down, but unbeknownst to you, there's another one already in the queue.

However, I know that the site can actually specify certain things about the ads they run to cut down on this sort of situation. It won't stop it -there's just no way to keep smappers and redirects from showing up in a mostly-automated system- but it can help curb the problem.

Plus, if nobody reports it to Google, then Google just isn't going to know it's a problem. Hopefully the people on the forum are doing more than bitching on the forum.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
            Here's an article describing this. It's apparently a problem with Google Adsense, but as the author of the article asks, why the hell hasn't google done anything about this? It's been going on for a week and while there appears to be no malware, it's extremely annoying.
            Google may be working on the problem and not have FIXED it yet. "We haven't solved it" doesn't mean "We aren't doing something about it" and it may be taking advantage of something they aren't aware of.
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I have firefox adblock so I'm not seeing any ads. If the redirect does pop up, I'll report it to adblock so they can add it to their "bad ad" list.
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Well I'm not getting these redirects anymore, but my computer has been running a lot slower since yesterday. Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                X