No announcement yet.

Presidential debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still coming to terms with the fact this was supposedly a real presidential debate and not an SNL skit.

Originally posted by Daskinor View Post
    Hillary had him against the ropes within the first 15 minutes.
    The moment she really got under his skin was when she questioned his wealth. A woman ( one he's not even attracted too no less ) questioned the size of his money dick on national television. He simply could not let that go.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
      Well, it certainly isn't what Trump seems to believe it is, which is 0% (cuz he's smart).
      Smart is a bit questionable in this instance BUT the reason he may pay ZERO taxes is not because he himself is smart BUT because he spends a bazillion dollars on high priced CPAs, accountants and tax lawyers to make sure he pays 0 or as little as possible using every single loophole, shortcut, incentive, discount, deduction, etc. that is possible under the (really screwed up) US tax code/system (something that is not all that available to the average US citizen).
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post

Smart is a bit questionable in this instance BUT the reason he may pay ZERO taxes is not because he himself is smart BUT because he spends a bazillion dollars on high priced CPAs, accountants and tax lawyers to make sure he pays 0 or as little as possible using every single loophole, shortcut, incentive, discount, deduction, etc. that is possible under the (really screwed up) US tax code/system (something that is not all that available to the average US citizen).
        True. But we won't know that unless he releases his taxes, right? Heck, it could be because he's been losing money from all the lawsuits and bankruptcies.
        I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
          True. But we won't know that unless he releases his taxes, right? Heck, it could be because he's been losing money from all the lawsuits and bankruptcies.
          My theory has been that he's Lebowski. Not the dude but the other one.

Lebowski was living in a mansion his daughter owned and had no personal wealth.

My Theory is that Trump lost all of his personal wealth. He's subsisting on anything coming in from companies with his name on them and supported by his kids who want to help him not die known as some destitute penniless failed man.

What if the reason he isn't paying income taxes is because he has no money? Look at how he lives he seems like the guy that would piss away money as soon as he gets it.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Daskinor View Post
            Hillary had him against the ropes within the first 15 minutes. God he fell right into the global warming question head first, and all Hillary had to do was use his own words against him.
            Heck, all she had to do was let him ramble on like the town drunk while she looked sensible and professional. And it worked. This is why it is wise to study up and prepare for a debate, Donald. Wonder if he's learned the lesson and will study the issues in time for the next one?

Did you see SNL's take on the debate? Funny stuff! Alec Baldwin absolutely skewered Trump!
            People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
            If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

2nd debate.

I just....

There isn't enough drink in me to understand how people think he won the debate. He couldn't even answer the questions! He avoided over half of them!

Ugh....

Hate this election. Hate it hate it hate it
              I has a blog!

Comment

I'm not sure what was better. Him threatening to jail a political opponent or him revealing that he's never talked to Pence about foreign policy.

Comment

Trump doesn't scare me nearly as much as the two in five of the US population who still think they'd vote for him.

Rapscallion
                  Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                  Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                    Trump doesn't scare me nearly as much as the two in five of the US population who still think they'd vote for him.

Rapscallion
                    I can't talk to my folks about the election because nothing so far has convinced them that Hillary is the lesser of two evils. That's literally how they see it "Sure Trump is an aboslute douchebag but HIllary"

And no matter how much I point out his absolute Dictator in the making mind set they still don't seem to get how it's so massively difference. Which is painful as my mom loves reading about World War 2 and often remarks, "I don't understand how Hitler could have come to power"

If he wins and she asks that question again I am showing her a mirror.
                    Jack Faire
                    Friend
                    Father
                    Smartass

Comment

So ends the final debate.
                      Trump managed to keep his composure for all of 20 minutes out of a 90-minute debate. Seems like Clinton saved her sharpest cuts against Trump for this one.

But the closing 1-minute statements. Clinton talked about her plans. Trump squandered some of his time talking about her. Bad move, that's what will stick out.
                      Customer: I need an Apache.
                      Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                        But the closing 1-minute statements. Clinton talked about her plans. Trump squandered some of his time talking about her. Bad move, that's what will stick out.
                        Yeah. It was like "end on a positive note? Then why'd you have him go last?"
                        I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                          Yeah. It was like "end on a positive note? Then why'd you have him go last?"
                          Because the moderator was a Fox News guy who was trying to help Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
                            Because the moderator was a Fox News guy who was trying to help Trump.
                            I think Chris Wallace did the best job moderating the debate after the last two. Even Slate commended him for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                              I think Chris Wallace did the best job moderating the debate after the last two. Even Slate commended him for it.
                              I was a little disappointed a moderator didn't turn to the crowd and say "SHUT THE F**K UP!!" on live TV.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                                I was a little disappointed a moderator didn't turn to the crowd and say "SHUT THE F**K UP!!" on live TV.
                                That's an idea...have Samuel L. Jackson moderate one of the 2020 debates!

At least Trump wasn't looming over Hillary like Frankenstein's monster this time around. That's the best thing I can say about it.
                                People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                                If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X