Presidential debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
    That's an idea...have Samuel L. Jackson moderate one of the 2020 debates!
    "The question, mother f**ker...answer it..."

Comment

Judge Judy gets my vote, but Samuel Jackson is a close second.

"What income tax percentage does the richest 0.005% pay?"
      "What?"
      "What ain't no percentage I ever heard of. Do they pay a dime at what percent?"

Comment

Honestly, when was the last time a debate between the Democrat candidate and Republican candidate changed anyone's minds? It's pretty much pointless at this point in time.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          Honestly, when was the last time a debate between the Democrat candidate and Republican candidate changed anyone's minds? It's pretty much pointless at this point in time.
          The debates, as well as the ads, are pretty much for the "undecided" voters. I'm not sure, though, how much of an influence these things have on the "undecided", though.

I'm not voting for Trump or Clinton. I have, however, decided who I will be voting for.

Comment

Honestly they tend to just be sort of political staring contests until someone blinks and its the blink that sinks them. Recall Romney's "Binders full of women" for example. Its an endurance contest to talk about policy and not screw the pooch on live TV.

This time around though Trump has strangled the pooch to death mid coitus. Then rather than trying to hide the body he's standing proudly next to the corpse in his bed, butt ass naked in the middle of his hotel room wondering why everyone is upset.

Each debate has significantly damaged Trump and then he topped it off with his "routine" during the dinner.

Originally posted by mjr View Post
            The debates, as well as the ads, are pretty much for the "undecided" voters. I'm not sure, though, how much of an influence these things have on the "undecided", though.
            Anyone left that is undecided this election should sincerely not be allowed to vote anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post

Each debate has significantly damaged Trump and then he topped it off with his "routine" during the dinner.
              I don't know how "on script" he was or wasn't, but that was horrible.
              I has a blog!

Comment

I honestly don't know anyone who has changed who they will vote for or not vote for because of a debate though. Conservatives will vote for the Republican regardless and liberals will vote for the Democrat. Usually by the time the primaries are over, people have chosen who they'll vote for.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                  I don't know how "on script" he was or wasn't, but that was horrible.
                  It seemed like he was on script at first with some prepared jokes but, just like with the debates, he simply could not hold his shit to himself. He's functionally incapable of letting even the slightest perceived insult go. Even if he has to start shit in front of a Catholic fund raiser.

He has come apart with clockwork precision after 15-20 minutes every time.

I honestly don't know anyone who has changed who they will vote for or not vote for because of a debate though. Conservatives will vote for the Republican regardless and liberals will vote for the Democrat. Usually by the time the primaries are over, people have chosen who they'll vote for.
                  There was a significant swing after the debates this time and a historic gender gap going between Clinton vs Trump. In fact this time around the debates caused one of the largest swings in recent history. With Clinton overall gaining +7 after all 3 debates.

The gender gap though; Women are fleeing Trump screaming. She's up over +20 with women vs Trump. Women are, fittingly, going to be the end of him.

Comment

What's really damning about Trump is he only has a couple of points lead in Republican heartlands like Texas. He's done a very good job of pissing off Republicans AND his base is one that tends not to vote in as large numbers as other groups. Plus, he has no real "get-out-the-vote" campaign. All told, it's pretty unlikely Trump will win.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
                      What's really damning about Trump is he only has a couple of points lead in Republican heartlands like Texas. He's done a very good job of pissing off Republicans AND his base is one that tends not to vote in as large numbers as other groups. Plus, he has no real "get-out-the-vote" campaign. All told, it's pretty unlikely Trump will win.
                      Yeah, he has zero ground game whatsoever. He's been relying entirely on the RNC for his ground infrastructure instead of setting up his own. Hillary meanwhile is working the ground with the same strategies as Obama did against her.

But yes, its pretty impressive that he's actually threatening to put what should be reliable red states into play. Nevermind that its looking more and more likely the Democrats will take control of the senate thanks to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                        Hillary meanwhile is working the ground with the same strategies as Obama did against her.
                        Let's not forget she also has people working on her behalf who think it's fine to rip up republican ballots...and grab a woman's ass TWICE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTq1tlBwqI

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                          Let's not forget she also has people working on her behalf who think it's fine to rip up republican ballots...and grab a woman's ass TWICE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTq1tlBwqI
                          There is the slight difference of a random ground-level campaign staffer saying those kind of things, versus the candidate saying those things.
                          "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                          TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post

There is the slight difference of a random ground-level campaign staffer saying those kind of things, versus the candidate saying those things.
                            There's also the fact that the source (O' Keefe) is rather suspect.
                            I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
                              You mean the grabbing someone part, or the ripping up ballots part?

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                                There's also the fact that the source (O' Keefe) is rather suspect.
                                Valid, but one could say that about mainstream media, and the video clips they show too, could they not? Footage edited to "make a certain point". Happens all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X