No announcement yet.

Its almost over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame Comey. And the mainstream media.

By playing the idea of being "fair", her image and competency was constantly harassed by something that she was cleared of. Over and over she'd get dragged through more mud simply because he had some new scandal come up.

And then Comey killed it.

Fuck.
    I has a blog!

Comment

I definitely blame the mainstream media as well. Because Hillary was shown with a solid lead in the weeks leading up to the election, in the interests of making the election 'exciting' they endlessly harped on non-existent scandals around Hillary while ignoring all the things Trump has said and done, both during the election and earlier.

Comment

She conceded.

Fuck.
        I has a blog!

Comment

I saw a comment on Raw Story that I think sums up everything quite perfectly :

P. T. Barnum was right.
          Also, I believe that Bill Maher was right when he said that he "wouldn't put anything past this stupid country."
          "Well, the good news is that no matter who wins, you all lose."

Comment

Well, I guess we buckle up for the next four years. It might only take another twenty or thirty to recover from what Trump can do if he can elect one or more Supreme Court Justices, wipe out the health care system (because a free market system functioned so well), and alienate America's allies.

I'm now curious if Obama will pardon Hillary as one of his outgoing actions, or if Trump will follow through on his promise and have her arrested. Because acting like a tinpot dictator would be in character for him.

Comment

I got nothing. I was holding out some faith in America till the end. But, I just don't know anymore. Wow.

As for President Shitgibbon. Being president is one of the most stressful jobs on the planet. Lets see how long he lasts once he has to start doing actual work instead of sitting in a gilded room surrounded by people telling him how wonderful he is.

Fucker's never worked a proper day in his life. Being president will turn him gray by the summer.

Comment

Well, good luck to America and to the rest of us. We'll need it.

In any case, the exit polls are interesting. Most notably, not that much of a difference between low and high income.
                "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Madness. Does no one remember the disastrous reign of GW Bush? A decade later and we're still cleaning up his mess. How much of a mess will Trump leave?
                  Customer: I need an Apache.
                  Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                    I blame Comey. And the mainstream media.

By playing the idea of being "fair", her image and competency was constantly harassed by something that she was cleared of. Over and over she'd get dragged through more mud simply because he had some new scandal come up.

And then Comey killed it.

Fuck.
                    I blame the media too. Trump played them like a fiddle.

I'm moving to mars.

Comment

Well, I'm not exactly thrilled with the end result, either. I wouldn't have been thrilled either way.

You guys may not believe it, but I've got my doubts and concerns about a Trump Presidency, too. I've got this weird mix of emotions right now. The only "relief" I have is the fact this is over for four years. I guess "numb" is a good way to describe it.

I still think he'll be a one term President.

In my opinion, and only my opinion, this was a "no win" election for me. I really didn't want either of them to be President. I didn't vote for Trump, either. I wrote in someone.

Though I can guarantee you I have a few issues I'll be writing to my Congressman and Senator about.
                      Last edited by mjr; 11-09-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I made the mistake of responding honestly when a CW asked me whether I was happy with the results. My relationship with her (and possibly other CWs) is going to be strained for a long time.

I'm worried for my SIL and her mother, who are both immigrants.

I'm worried the ACA will be gutted.

I'm worried that stocks will drop and my retirement fund won't be worth anything.

I'm worried that Pence will push anti-abortion laws, bathroom bills, and other laws to limit Americans' civil right.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Trump is convicted of rape next month. Though we all know that it's unlikely for rich, white men to be convicted of sex crimes. Will that be enough for us to impeach him? Can a president be impeached before he's even sworn in? And would Pence be any better of a president?
                        "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghel View Post
                          It will be interesting to see what happens if Trump is convicted of rape next month. Though we all know that it's unlikely for rich, white men to be convicted of sex crimes. Will that be enough for us to impeach him?
                          I think he could be impeached, but impeachment generally applies to crimes committed while in office, if I'm not mistaken. Remember that the GOP was talking about impeaching Hillary if she won.

Can a president be impeached before he's even sworn in? And would Pence be any better of a president?
                          I think the GOP believes that's the case. Though I don't know if it actually is. I think the law is a little thin in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                            I think he could be impeached, but impeachment generally applies to crimes committed while in office, if I'm not mistaken. Remember that the GOP was talking about impeaching Hillary if she won.
                            Hold your horses. If Trump's indicted, that's one thing, but if he's convicted and gets jailtime, that's a totally different thing. The presidency will be handed to Pence.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump does something that impeaches him while in office anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                              Hold your horses. If Trump's indicted, that's one thing, but if he's convicted and gets jailtime, that's a totally different thing.
                              Yes, you are correct.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump does something that impeaches him while in office anyways.
                              Entirely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghel View Post
                                And would Pence be any better of a president?
                                I don't think he's likely to push The Button in a temper tantrum, like I'm afraid Trump will. He also has somewhat better manners than Trump. Other than that, no, he won't be any better.

2016 can just go straight to Hell. I don't recall a worse year ever. Started with the death of David Bowie and ended with President-Elect Trump.

Hubby thinks Trump will be kept in line by the Supreme Court and Congress, but I don't think so; they're all Republicans together. Most of them aren't as horrible as he is, but they do tend to stick together. He also doesn't think he's going to be as awful as I think he will. And needless to say, he's nixed any idea of moving to Canada. So I guess we're stuck with President Slimebag.
                                People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                                If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X