No announcement yet.

Young People Elected to Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the stories on the main site prove, age is no guarantee of maturity.

Hobbs said that the younger person would need to prove they know the dynamics better than their opponent. I think anyone needs to prove they understand the dynamics.

Basically, I think that a younger person would be able to do just as well as an older person. Based on the person, anyway.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

It would depend on the person running and if they sounded like they had a clue.

I've had young city council members that were pretty well on the ball and had good ideas for revitalization that actually worked really well. I've also seen older experienced guys who were 40 and acting like they were 4.
      “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Couple of years ago My /friend/ got on the ballot. He was running around with signs on his car to vote for him. Craig Gier. He still tries every other year it seems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSxNrd7wipo

He really wanted me to vote for him, being my first election.

Knowing full well what a full blown alcolic, the fact he tried to get both me and another one of his friends at the time, (Who did have some issues, but nothing dangerous, just was slightly below normal intelligence) commited to a mental hospitals because we all had serious mental issues and obsess with murdering others. (Nether of us had any idea where he got that idea). He even attempted to stash all his empty bottles of beer at my house, because he couldn't return them at work since he was underage. (He was working at Plaid at the time). I was fine with that. He then tried to tell my mom that I was a heavy drinker and he had proof of it by the bottles in my closet.

Naturally I told her the truth, and she belived me, since I had never had even a sip of beer before that, and at the time was a hardcore anti-drinker/anti-drug person.

He has major issues, and he wanted ME to vote for him? No way.
        Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
        I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Working...
        X