• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    Oh, Bristol Palin, if only your mom had half the brains you do:

http://jerseyshore.momslikeme.com/me...349094&grpcat=
    But her mom DOES have half... nah, too easy
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

What a family they are.

Sarah and husband don't even sleep in the same bed.

Sarah is an ex beauty pageant brainless bimbo who talks like an inbreed who preached abstinence only and it worked so well her teenaged daughter got knocked up, and she is such a good role model that her 16 year old daughter goes around calling people "Fucking faggot" on Facebook.

What a nice family. They'd probably turn part of the White House into a shooting range and have to remodel to make more room for all of Sarah Palin's clothes.

Comment

Don't make the mistake that she's brainless.

The accent and the "hick" pronunciations are all coached. If you check out videos from before she was the governor, she no only doesn't have much of an accent at all, but she (much like Bush before he was elected to office in Texas) had no difficulty saying "nuclear" properly.

However, I won't argue that she's drunk the koolaid herself and has been making some incredibly poor decisions since she was tapped for the failed bid for vice president.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
          she is such a good role model that her 16 year old daughter goes around calling people "Fucking faggot" on Facebook.
          Ah, so that's what people in the office were talking about.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Apparently, if I read the exchange correctly, someone that goes to the same school posted on the show's Facebook page that it was "failing so hard right now," and that opened the floodgates. First Willow and then Bristol went apeshit over it, throwing all sorts of slurs back and forth, with a dozen other people joining in besides. Oh, and nobody in the entire thing knows the difference between "you're" and "your."

Here's an article about Bristol apologizing for both of them being such idiots on a public venue.
            Bristol, Willow apologize for Facebook tirades

Despite the headline, there's no mention that Willow has any idea she did anything wrong, and I'm not sure what Bristol said on her Facebook page (now with their real last name and not the fake name they originally were using) is what she feels or what she feels would be best for her image.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot it was "Your a fucking faggot"

One failed sex ed, both failed English.

Comment

Lets give them a break.

How angry and bitter would YOU be if you and all your siblings had those fucked up names?

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
                  How angry and bitter would YOU be if you and all your siblings had those fucked up names?
                  ...or had to deal with 24-hours of darkness at times

Comment

I actually watched the show with some friends last Sunday, and we were all struck by how little time she actually spends with her kids. The kids even mentioned that she's basically glued to her Blackberry, and there was even a scene of Willow sneaking a boy upstairs while Sarah was typing away. Then Sarah and Todd were jetting off to various adventures...and who's watching the kids?

I also loved that she had the gall to complain about her neighbor invading her privacy. So, she was complaining about a lack of privacy on her own reality TV show. Uh-huh.

Comment

We watched some of it too. The "fishing" encounter was obviously staged; if you looked closely the riverbank didn't line up across shots (Palin brood and bears), not to mention I really don't think they could have gotten that close to a real mama bear without serious problems.

As for the "nosy neighbor"; it looked like the poor guy was just reading a book on his porch.
                      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post

Despite the headline, there's no mention that Willow has any idea she did anything wrong,

^-.-^
                        I have no doubt that anyone in the Palin family realizes that she did anything wrong. I would not be surprised to find out that in their narrow worldview homosexuals aren't truly human and insulting someone by calling them a "fucking faggot" would be no different than calling them a rat.
                        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Actually, I suspect that most people who use such phrases as insults aren't homophobic at all. They're just parroting phrases they hear their peers using.

I help run a video gaming room at a convention and some of the kids are the worst trash talkers, spouting all sorts of things without any care for what is actually spilling out of their mouths. It's just what they hear all the other people playing their FPS games say, so they say it, too.

When I'm not busy shutting down the trash talking entirely, I'm usually challenging them to think about what it is they're saying. Most of them have the good grace to look embarrassed.

^-.-^

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                            Actually, I suspect that most people who use such phrases as insults aren't homophobic at all. They're just parroting phrases they hear their peers using.

I help run a video gaming room at a convention and some of the kids are the worst trash talkers, spouting all sorts of things without any care for what is actually spilling out of their mouths. It's just what they hear all the other people playing their FPS games say, so they say it, too.

When I'm not busy shutting down the trash talking entirely, I'm usually challenging them to think about what it is they're saying. Most of them have the good grace to look embarrassed.
                            Maybe with the kids, but a lot of adults get swept up by herd mentality and feel that they must accept all values issued by a group; such as if they should take a conservative stance on one topic, they should be that way on all topics.

Politically, I'm a moderate. I own firearms and when I go to gun shows and get caught up in discussions over other political hot button issues, the other people are either confused or suspicious if I offer a left-leaning view on something. Granted, I am not saying that all Conservatives are that way, but I have met quite a few who feel that they must agree 100% with Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, et al.
                            "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
                            -- OMM 0000

Comment

I will just say this she lost any and all credibility with me when she was declared the running mate to McCain and her acceptance speech consisted of her going, "Look my kids are awesome people doing awesome things elect them oh wait I mean me vice president"

It was made worse when come to find out that while a lot of politicians will put their cronies into jobs they will at least pick the competent ones and she forgot the part where they should be able to do the jobs she was giving them.
                              Jack Faire
                              Friend
                              Father
                              Smartass

Comment

Working...
                              X