No announcement yet.

The Bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'll say that the OFFICE of the president and the legal chain of command should be respected as to do otherwise would not bode well for a civil democracy. However the person holding that office does not deserve to be instantly obeyed and respected just because he is in that office. The president is not bigger than the country and his duty as commander in chief is to preserve, protect and defend the constituion of the united states and its citizens. So far King Bush II has not exactly been doing a good job of that.

I know I've heard those projections as well. I wonder if Dubya ever played Risk? Ever play it and have a huge army and then string them out across the board in a blitzkrieg leaving one guy in each country? Not a good long term strategy is it? Doesnt work in the game, doesnt work in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by ditchdj View Post
      Lynn Samuels referred to people like that as "Bushbots".
      I'm starting to see a Dalek parallel as well...maybe not his supporters, but definitely the inner circle.

My mom and I tuned in to Bushie's speech, but quickly abandoned it for CSI. I'm somewhat surprised I didn't get a call from my dad telling me he broke his TV set with a laptop thrown through the screen.

What really tweaks me off is the rhetoric "you're not supporting the troops because you're not supporting Bush" (or something along those lines; I've tuned out the exact phrasing)....bwuh?
      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by rahmota View Post
        I know I've heard those projections as well. I wonder if Dubya ever played Risk? Ever play it and have a huge army and then string them out across the board in a blitzkrieg leaving one guy in each country? Not a good long term strategy is it? Doesnt work in the game, doesnt work in real life.
        Hey Rah, if you listened to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" this last weekend, they answered your question! Apparently, Dubya was a big fan of the game in college and was always launching half-cocked (in whichever sense of the word you choose) attacks.

Quoth Peter Sagal: "This explains why he asked if we could invade Iraq by going through Australia first, so we could get some extra armies that way."

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...n.php?prgId=35

It's just after the "Not My Job" game with Weird Al Yankovic!

Comment

counterjockey: No I missed that. But Oh boy that's not a comforting piece of information. I now wonder if he kept a Risk War Diary ala Rimmer from Red Dwarf.

I missed the state of the union speech (I can sum it up in two words It sucks!) but got enough of the highlights to see that it was not happy joy joy glad tidings to come.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            I only started voting a little over a year ago, thanks to a very politically-oriented friend who persuaded me to start voting, so I didn't vote for or against him either time, but at least this time around, I was able to help get rid of his clone, who most people know as Rick Santorum.

Thanks to Dan Savage, most of us have heard of Rick Santorum

Comment

Working...
            X