Rick Perry for President 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
    Normally GK I'd agree, but once he gets the national stage, he'll just start hitting the "Obama killed the economy" thing over and over and over and over. If he can do it loud enough, long enough and try to bury the social stuff, he's got a good shot.

The economy is still struggling, unemployment is still high, a repeat recession is possible. People angry about these things always take it out in incumbents.

Oh and they're going to blame Obama for the debt ceiling mess too.
    Right now, polls are showing people care more about the economy and job losses than they are about social issues.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
      Normally GK I'd agree, but once he gets the national stage, he'll just start hitting the "Obama killed the economy" thing over and over and over and over. If he can do it loud enough, long enough and try to bury the social stuff, he's got a good shot.
      It'll depend on how well Obama controls the message. Democrats are classically weak at controlling the message ( I think they have some residual "People can't be stupid enough to really believe that can they?" that bites them in the ass ). But Obama in campaign mode is a shrewd operator.

Debates, however, would not be pretty as things stand. I haven't seen anyone on the GOP side so far that's remotely close to Obama intellectually and wouldn't be flayed alive in a debate. Especially if they just tried to bleat talking points like they have in GOP debates.

Comment

Working...
      X