No announcement yet.

Bachman - Gay families aren't families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't give any, and it seemed like a good idea to drop the subject.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

You don't have to be "old and senile" to remember the Soviet Union. It collapsed in 1991. I was nine years old that year, and I have memories from that year. Granted, I wasn't old enough to understand much about the Soviets, though. Still, it's not like being able to remember the depression.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
        You don't have to be "old and senile" to remember the Soviet Union.
        True enough, but I am.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I was 3 in 1991. It would be a miracle if I somehow remembered the Soviet Union's collapse.
          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

I am 51 and I remember the whole "evil empire" quipe by Ronny Regan. I grew up with the certain knowledge that the US USSR and lots of other places were literally 30 minutes from destruction and mass obliteration. I was born just as the "space race" was beginning. ya know SPUTNIK, missles MIRVs submarine platforms LONG range bombers

the USSR may "formally" be gone but there are still plenty of nuclear weapons and material still out there and with the current political climate in Russia yes we still have to be worried about them.
            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
              I was 3 in 1991. It would be a miracle if I somehow remembered the Soviet Union's collapse.
              I was 1. So ha. *dances in victory*

We still have an increasingly outdated globe with the Soviet Union on it though.
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I remember people dancing as they tore down the berlin wall. God, I'm old.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
                  I remember people dancing as they tore down the berlin wall. God, I'm old.
                  I remember that too! I was 13 years old when the Wall came down. It's not often you get to see history unfolding on the evening news! Many nights, people from both West and East Germany were on the Wall partying, hugging, and chipping holes into the Wall. Not just in Germany, but in the other Eastern Bloc nations as well. Several stations aired footage of the (mostly) peaceful demonstrations which eventually did away with communism in eastern Europe. The exceptions were Romania (forcefully overthrew their dictator), and Yugoslavia (bloody civil war, started in '90).

Comment

I remember well visiting East Germany when I was 16...and how glad I was that the wall came down afterwards. I'm *very* glad the USSR is dead and gone...Russia might still be around, but I cannot see the USSR ever being reborn.

bachman is entitled to her opinion...and if she wants to make them public, that makes them fair game for me to mock I won't say she can't think/feel what she does, but I will say her opinions make me concider her intelligence to be similar to a neurotic rutabaga with delusions of grandeur (And thank you, spell check!)
                    Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Working...
                    X