Tea Party debate cheers to let uninsured men die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teysa View Post
    Let's say this hypothetical 30-year old man is in good health. He works out everyday, eats his veggies, has no history of diabetes or heart disease, and rarely if ever catches a cold. I could not blame him for not buying health insurance. And I certainly would not want to see him die if something completely unforeseen like a coma were to happen to him.
    I wouldn't want him to die either, but it's still his fault for betting against the odds.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
      Last night on Fox News some audience members booed a question from a gay soldier currently serving in Iraq.

Wow.
      Screw them....

Comment

This disturbs me on a very deep level. A response like that, to the thought of a mans death....thats not human. Thats something an ape that learned to talk would do--laugh at a mans death. Its not human.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
          It wasn't just cheering either, several people literally yelled out "Yeah!!" to the question of whether or not to let someone die because they didn't buy health insurance.
          These are the same people that were screaming from the hilltops about the impending "death panels" that would come to be if Obama's health care plan passed. The same people that scream from the hilltops about the sanctity of life but have no problem approving the murder of abortion doctors.

Honestly, are you really all that surprised?

Originally posted by Talon View Post
          So in addition to their legion of accolades () the Tea Party is also apparently the party of Sociopaths.
          And this is news?

Originally posted by RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          Wait, aren't they mostly pro life?

So, how does that work?
          It doesn't. And while I could wax poetic on this matter, I am going to defer to the late great George Carlin, who did an amazing piece on it years ago, long before the Tea Part even came to be:

"These people call themselves "right to lifers." Don't you love that phrase? And don't you love the way these kind of people pervert the English language? You realize that most of the right-to-lifers are in favor of the DEATH penalty? And they support the South American DEATH squads. And they're against gun control and they're against nuclear weapons control. When they say "right to life," they're talking about THEIR right to decide which people should live or die."

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
          Sorry, but anarchy doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.
          You've never been to one of my parties.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
          If you're a farmer or rancher, I hope you don't take advantage of farm subsidies (I see a lot of farmer, rancher types in the tea party . . . I wonder if their opposition to government subsidies extends to these).
          Many of the politicos in the Tea Party movement own or partially own or have shares in farms that DO take subsidies, and the politicians in question have made no moves to deny their family that money.

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
          This disturbs me on a very deep level. A response like that, to the thought of a mans death....thats not human. Thats something an ape that learned to talk would do--laugh at a mans death. Its not human.
          Sadly, that is all TOO human.

Originally posted by Teysa View Post
          Let's say this hypothetical 30-year old man is in good health. He works out everyday, eats his veggies, has no history of diabetes or heart disease, and rarely if ever catches a cold. I could not blame him for not buying health insurance. And I certainly would not want to see him die if something completely unforeseen like a coma were to happen to him.
          Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          I wouldn't want him to die either, but it's still his fault for betting against the odds.
          I saved this one for last, because THIS is something I know all too well about.

Some of you may be familiar with the story of my stepsister, an otherwise healthy 39-year-old at the time. Who fell into a catatonic coma. For seven months.

Because she was not initially responding at all, there was a chance that funding for her care would cease. She HAD health insurance, but the benefits from it ran out within a short time. (A few months or so....I don't know the exact time table.)

She did not and could not see falling into the coma. If some of these people had their way, she would have been booted out of the excellent care faciility she is in.

And eventually, she DID start to respond, and against all her doctors' expectations, she is now speaking. Not gibberish, mind you, but holding on conversations and making independent observations. (i.e., "Jester, you look tired." "Jester, you need to move so you can live closer to me.")

So to the people who think it's perfectly alright and acceptable to let an uninsured person DIE, I only have two words.

And they're NOT Happy Birthday.

GK was right, these people are ghouls. Disgusting, repulsive ghouls.

Comment

Working...
          X