No announcement yet.

Herman Cain "suspends" Presidential campaign following sexual scandals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to hear he's out of the race. Not because I want him to be president (far from it!) but because the longer those who have lost their chance stay in, the more they dilute the harm of those who remain.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Did anyone notice that he quoted Pokemon in his "giving up" speech? Ahhhh holy crap, he wanted to be the President of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        I'd heard he was standing down to spend more time with someone else's wife.

Rapscallion
        Damn. Almost broke Rule 1.

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
        I second the good riddance. Now we just need to get Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry out of the race.
        Oh, no! I hope they pick up Cain's support. A nomination for Perry or Gingrich, (or Bachmann, but it won't happen) will hand the White House back to Obama on a silver platter.

It's Romney that Obama has to worry about, and they are. Look at what the White House and Democrats are saying about him. They're already running ads against Romney.

Romney will be the candidate who has at least a 50-50 shot at winning the White House.

Nary a whisper about the other candidates.

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        What baffles me is that knowing so many skeletons were in his closet, he continued his campaign for so long.

Rapscallion
        He tried playing the race card early on in the scandal in the hopes it would save him.

It's typical arrogance on the part of the wealthy and powerful: no one will dare speak out about my bad behavior in public.

They always find out how wrong they were the hard way.
        Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
          Damn. Almost broke Rule 1.
          Thank you, thank you, I'll be here on and off. Admittedly, I've recycled that one from many other 'scandals', and I borrowed it from many years in the past.

They always find out how wrong they were the hard way.
          To be fair, we only hear about the ones we hear about, so there may have been some better at covering up than others.

That said, with the way politics is conducted these days it's not surprising that all skeletons come out to the daylight.

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
            Did anyone notice that he quoted Pokemon in his "giving up" speech?[/URL]
            He's been quoting that line for a while, actually, and it's from a song written for the Pokemon movie. It's just that prior to this, he said it was from "a poet" rather than outing it for the set of lyrics it is.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X