No announcement yet.

Obama's recess picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my ability to remember past the current administration.

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
      At least Obama hasnt started any wars.
      No, but he's finished a couple.

I'm getting pretty sick of the Senate abusing the "advise and consent" clause and using it to hold up the Executive Branch. If Obama is wrong to make the appointments, the Senate is just as wrong to delay their Constitutional duty to advise and consent.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
        Libya was a joint venture with a lot of NATO allies, and my understanding is that the majority of them where British and French.
        And there were coalitions for Afghanistan and Iraq.

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        The government of our founding fathers worked together despite any differences of opinion to accomplish many things for the overall good of the nation, not for the enrichment of themselves, and their associates at the cost of the people.
        Before or after the various duels, to the death or otherwise?
        Then again... CSPAN would be a lot more interesting to watch...

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
        I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my ability to remember past the current administration.
        How about something that's relatively neutral and with references? Rather than a "progressive" (and boy do I use that term loosely!) site?

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
        No, but he's finished a couple.

I'm getting pretty sick of the Senate abusing the "advise and consent" clause and using it to hold up the Executive Branch. If Obama is wrong to make the appointments, the Senate is just as wrong to delay their Constitutional duty to advise and consent.
        Backed out before the fight was over? Yeah, he's done that. Let's just pray it doesn't end up in chaos. And yes, it can become much worse.

The Executive NOMINATES, the Legislature APPROVES. Maybe if he's tired of his nominees being rejected, it's time to pick new ones?

Comment

Draco: Are you saying it is inaccurate? That Obama has appointed more recess appointees than the Bushes, Reagan and Clinton?

Comment

The Executive NOMINATES, the Legislature APPROVES. Maybe if he's tired of his nominees being rejected, it's time to pick new ones?
            That only works so long as the legislature is being reasonable. They're not, and haven't been for quite a while. Once it becomes plain that they're not going to approve *anybody* (or, in some milder cases, anybody who would ever be nominated by a president not of their party) then it's the legislature which is in default, so to speak.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
            X