Ron Paul uncovered as a white supremicist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salted Grump View Post
    By 'popularity', you mean 'As a punching bag' right? Because I can't see any other possible version.

no there are a ton of people that "adore" the man as though he was the second coming, they refuse to even entertain the possibility that he may not be a good choice to run the country. An aussie friend of mine on FB refers to them as "paulbots", because the have very little ability to think for themselves.

this is in response to the mentioned new story:
    "old news. All sorts support Dr. Paul, just as all sorts support the other candidates, including President Obama. same stuff they go to every time he runs."
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
      no there are a ton of people that "adore" the man as though he was the second coming, they refuse to even entertain the possibility that he may not be a good choice to run the country. An aussie friend of mine on FB refers to them as "paulbots", because the have very little ability to think for themselves.

I've got a couple of friends who belong to the Ron Paul cult of personality.
      I just smile, say " I respectfully disagree with him" and go on my way.
      I agree that he's seen with some sort of religious fervor, it's quite wierd to me.

Now, if someone like Kevin Smith would run, THERE would be an awesome party!
      President Silent Bob, has a nice ring to it
      Last edited by Silverharp; 02-05-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Actually, Kevin Smith might be a bit crazier than Ron Paul. And he thought Cop Out was a good idea.

Comment

Yeah, but at least Kevin Smith knows he's batshit.

Comment

I'd still rather have him than Newt Gingrich for a candidate.

God, the thought or sight of Newt Gingrich turns my stomach.

Comment

If the Democrats could do it without it ever being uncovered, they could organize a bunch of people together and get them to support Ron Paul in all the primaries so that he could be the Republican nominee. That would mean an almost definite second term for Obama. Even most Republicans in this country don't like Ron Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                If the Democrats could do it without it ever being uncovered, they could organize a bunch of people together and get them to support Ron Paul in all the primaries so that he could be the Republican nominee. That would mean an almost definite second term for Obama. Even most Republicans in this country don't like Ron Paul.
                Because it matters which of these guys run for president. None of the Republicans stand a chance. They didn't put forth any serious candidates this election.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Dunno - they put forward candidates who appeal to the core of the republican vote - deeply fiscally and socially conservative - but not to the mainstream US vote. I can honestly say I don't think I've seen such a bunch of unelectable people since ... ever. The republicans will cheer them on, then be baffled by how nobody who's not affiliated strongly with their side will vote for the candidate they select.

Rapscallion
                  Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                  Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                    I'd still rather have him than Newt Gingrich for a candidate.

God, the thought or sight of Newt Gingrich turns my stomach.
                    I owe you a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                      Dunno - they put forward candidates who appeal to the core of the republican vote -

Rapscallion
                      I think some people are waking up and thinking, "Wait they aren't just talking about cutting taxes they are talking about cutting taxes by cutting programs me and my family need."

Thanks to the internet more people are reading these bills and studying more about these politicians. There are still the occasional bouts of irrational hysteria but for the most part it's good.
                      Jack Faire
                      Friend
                      Father
                      Smartass

Comment

Dunno - they put forward candidates who appeal to the core of the republican vote - deeply fiscally and socially conservative - but not to the mainstream US vote. I can honestly say I don't think I've seen such a bunch of unelectable people since ... ever. The republicans will cheer them on, then be baffled by how nobody who's not affiliated strongly with their side will vote for the candidate they select.

Rapscallion
                        Well, it depends. Last I saw, the economy was picking up. If it sinks lower instead, I think Romney at least would have a chance. And I wouldn't in the least put it past the current House to try to make it go that way.
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The only reason we don't have the paulbots screaming his praises here on this board is the fact that Fratching is moderated. These guys actually do searches for forum discussions and blog posts about Paul, then pile on to overwhelm the thread with posts supporting him. They've tried it a few times on my local paper's blogs (and been laughed out on a rail, even the hard core cons think Paul is nuts).

Originally posted by Silverharp View Post
                          Now, if someone like Kevin Smith would run, THERE would be an awesome party!
                          President Silent Bob, has a nice ring to it
                          I'd go along with Silent Bob's Dogma.

Rapscallion
                          These people are really convinced they are "taking their country back." I keep reminding them it was never lost.

The local conservatives I know are convinced that Obama will be defeated in November, and that the GOP will take control of the Senate as well. They practically consider the election locked in; their primary concern is that Romney would just be another Obama.

I don't get it.

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                          Well, it depends. Last I saw, the economy was picking up. If it sinks lower instead, I think Romney at least would have a chance. And I wouldn't in the least put it past the current House to try to make it go that way.
                          What I have been saying since summer of '08 is this: if the economy is better in 2012, Obama will win. If it is not, he will lose.

I haven't changed my opinion.
                          Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

So, did anyone ever come up with some evidence that'd support Ron Paul being uncovered as a white supremicist?
                            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                              So, did anyone ever come up with some evidence that'd support Ron Paul being uncovered as a white supremicist?

how's this suit you
                              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

That's much better. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X