Santorum starts to call President Obama the "n-word"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
    So where's the outcry against the most blatantly racist statement against the President since Representative Doug Lamborn (R-CO) referred to associating with President Obama as "touching a tar baby"?
    ummm... what's so inherently 'blatantly racist' about a 'tar baby' reference??? I mean, sure - if someone wants to play a race card, it's there... but that's really the only way...

Are we getting so ridiculously PC these days, that we're not allowed to reference our fairytales and stories from childhood???
    ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

The phrase "tar baby" is a bit of a tar baby in and of itself. If you don't care about what people might infer from your word choices, or you're just sloppy, then go ahead and use it when referring to people, but don't be surprised when they or others consider it a racial slur of some sort, particularly when the person in question is actually black and you liken associating with him to touching one, making a direct comparison between the two. If you have any modicum of tact, however, you'll choose a different phrase from among the dozens that mean the same thing and save "tar baby" for situations and not people.

Article at Time

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...ress-niggardly

Senator Sharrod Brown got into a little hot water when he called Congress "niggardly."

Comment

That one both does and doesn't bother me. "Niggardly" is a real term that isn't a racial slur, and yet there's always the chance that he chose that word because it sounded similar.

Comment

Yeah. Considering that niggardly predates the term nigger by a couple of centuries, I can't see it's use as being worthy of prohibition.

There are plenty of other common terms that are or are very likely racist, such as gypped, jewed, welshed, indian giver... Interestingly enough, these all have similar meanings.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              There are plenty of other common terms that are or are very likely racist, such as gypped, jewed, welshed, indian giver... Interestingly enough, these all have similar meanings.

^-.-^
              There's a large semi-main road in Winchester city centre called Jewry Street. It was the old Jewish quarter way back when; now it leads around to the station and has loads of bars and restaurants on it, as well as a massive bank on the corner betwixt it and the High Street.

I like the name, it sounds pretty.

Comment

Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about "frothy" for awhile. That bastard suspended his campaign for awhile. Good riddance, asshole

Comment

My favourite comment on the topic so far: "I'm sorry, Mr. Santorum, but you'll have to carry your dead presidential campaign to full term."

Comment

The only word I can think of is niggardly, but that's not a noun. And it'd still tick people off because they think it's racist. There's the country, Niger, but I think that's a long I, and it'd also be an odd thing to call someone. Perhaps a mispronunciation of Nigel? Or there's...yeah, there's a word that fits pretty well there. Yeah...

Comment

Working...
                    X