Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy bans Obama voters from business (yes, this is real)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by violiav View Post
    That'd be pretty funny. The President showing up and just walking in to shop.
    He could say something like, "Oh, it's ok-I voted for Romney."
    Not to be contrary but I'd turn him or anyone with a large entourage complete with cameras away. He might be good for some businesses but not all. Seems like I remember a few business told the SS to stay away they didn't want the hassle.
    All that being said I seriously doubt Obama would ever darken the door of a gun store.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure I made a joke. But really, Obama hasn't said much about gun control other than "follow the rules in place." there not much gun control can do to stop crazy from happening. Even in the days when things were more lax there were still crazy people.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I made a joke. But really, Obama hasn't said much about gun control other than "follow the rules in place." there not much gun control can do to stop crazy from happening. Even in the days when things were more lax there were still crazy people.
        A plank in his party's platform was to permanently reinstate the Brady Bill or a form of it. He ran on it even if he "never" actually said the words. However I believe I remember reading an interview transcript that he specifically said he support the reinstatement.
        I do agree the LEOs need to enforce the rules and laws already in place and crazy folks will always find a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
          A plank in his party's platform was to permanently reinstate the Brady Bill or a form of it. He ran on it even if he "never" actually said the words. However I believe I remember reading an interview transcript that he specifically said he support the reinstatement.
          I do agree the LEOs need to enforce the rules and laws already in place and crazy folks will always find a way.
          Lot's of crazy things get put into the various party planks.

Comment

Attila and the huns could shop in my business (if I had one). As long as they didn't bother anybody while doing so. Large crowd? Bring it on! Means more money. They abide by the rules of the business, its all good. Sure I'd bounce them if they caused trouble, but big crowds mean money. Businesses exist to make money. My personal feelings about people get checked at the door, until such time as anybody starts a ruckus. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
              Seriously, I see these things and I honestly want to know what this guy's plan for enforcing his no-Obama Supporters ban. Unless you have an Obama shirt on, or are literally President Obama, how can he enforce this?
              He couldn't even ban Obama himself. How do you know he didn't vote for Romney just for the lulz?

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
                Attila and the huns could shop in my business (if I had one). As long as they didn't bother anybody while doing so. Large crowd? Bring it on! Means more money. They abide by the rules of the business, its all good. Sure I'd bounce them if they caused trouble, but big crowds mean money. Businesses exist to make money. My personal feelings about people get checked at the door, until such time as anybody starts a ruckus. *shrugs*
                When you have these large media entourages they're not there to spend money so much as "cover" the event. This "Covering" usually disrupts business to an extent where regular customers stay away and yet the "new" customers if they spend any money at all is usually a token amount and will never return.
                I'm not saying that some businesses don't benefit from such visits I'm just saying all do not and some just want to be left alone.
                Now should Obama and crew show up at my wife's business she'd welcome him and show him around but she'd also tell him what she thought of him and his policies. Her father would be out the door beating on the car's fender to run them off. He doesn't like Obama and doesn't make any bones about it, then again he's not very partial to any politician. My FIL hatred of politicians stems from a visit by Algore to ORNL. The SS had local LEOs block the highway hours before and after the visit and then Algore didn't even drive out there but flew. His business was ruined for that day not to mention some of his customers were trapped there and couldn't go about their days. These politicians have to find a way to travel that doesn't disrupt 1000's of lives when they visit after all they're not only tax-payers their also voters.

Comment

But really, Obama hasn't said much about gun control other than "follow the rules in place." there not much gun control can do to stop crazy from happening. Even in the days when things were more lax there were still crazy people.
                  And reinstating the Brady Bill?

In my opinion, the Conservative ideal is "NO gun laws of ANY kind, NO restrictions on anyone," and the hardcore conservatives seem to act as though anything less than this is tantamount to just taking all our guns away forever.

Also: MrsEclipse, I love your sig!

"Who's never at a loss?
                  The Duke of Zill, of course!
                  Who never gathers moss?
                  The Duke of Zill, of course!"
                  Last edited by Skunkle; 12-01-2012, 05:23 AM.

Comment

You mean the assault weapons ban? I'm pretty sure the meat of the Brady Bill is still active (background checks for certain types of guns). However, if someones going to kill someone then they may very well do it, gun or no.

Comment

White it is, in a way of speaking, true that guns don't kill people (alone), people kill people...

...guns make it easier to kill people.

And honestly: sure, rifles and shotguns might be made for hunting. But the entire purpose of handguns and assault weapons is to KILL people. You can shoot someone in the leg or arm with a revolver, sure, but they're not built to be nonlethal weapons. Their intended purpose is death.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
                        And reinstating the Brady Bill?

In my opinion, the Conservative ideal is "NO gun laws of ANY kind, NO restrictions on anyone," and the hardcore conservatives seem to act as though anything less than this is tantamount to just taking all our guns away forever.

Also: MrsEclipse, I love your sig!

"Who's never at a loss?
                        The Duke of Zill, of course!
                        Who never gathers moss?
                        The Duke of Zill, of course!"
                        Well I'm conservative and I don't believe that everyone should have a gun. If you do not want to own then don't, I don't believe that felons, foreigners not on a path to citizenship, nut-balls (as judged by a judge) and those that were dismissed from the armed services with bad-conduct or worse discharges should not own or be able to handle firearms.
                        I do believe that I and other law-abiding folks should be able to own any type of firearm we desire that we can afford. For whatever lawful purpose we want to own them is good enough, I shouldn't to justify my purchase of a service similar rifle to anyone just wanting it being able to afford it's purchase is good enough.

Comment

You mean the assault weapons ban? I'm pretty sure the meat of the Brady Bill is still active (background checks for certain types of guns). However, if someones going to kill someone then they may very well do it, gun or no.
                          While I'm not positive I think the BGC was a seperate bill. I know my state is exempt from it as we already had our own BGC. In 2004 the magazine ban and "assault weapons" ban expired. The thing was all and I mean all those "assault weapons" that were banned were still available for sale from the same manufacturers one with some minor cosmetic changes, strategic part swaps and model/name changes. There were still millions of pre-ban magazines available only at higher prices. High-cap Para-ord mags were highly desired but to get factory mags you had to buy a gun until someone thought I buy the mag tubes as replacement part for older mags, someone else by the followers, springs and floor plates as consumable parts assemble and you have factory high-cap mags without buying the gun or paying a much higher price. I didn't do that but it was an option. Frankly the whole brady bill was nonsense and political hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
                            White it is, in a way of speaking, true that guns don't kill people (alone), people kill people...

...guns make it easier to kill people.

And honestly: sure, rifles and shotguns might be made for hunting. But the entire purpose of handguns and assault weapons is to KILL people. You can shoot someone in the leg or arm with a revolver, sure, but they're not built to be nonlethal weapons. Their intended purpose is death.
                            Have you ever heard the saying "God makes all men, Col. Colt makes them equal"??? The idea behind that is even a small man with a Colt revolver in his hand is equal to a large man with one in his hand.

Yes firearms do make killing easier, but the same thing can be said about swords, knives, bows, x-bows, clubs, rocks, rope, etc.. Remember the bit in 2001 Space Odyssey when the ape-like creature used the bone to kill his rival??? Would you not say that bone made the killing easier???

The fellow that recently killed his father with a bow and arrow is he any less a criminal or nut-job than if he had used a gun???

Using your bare hands to kill isn't easy in most cases and it can also lead to your being injured and/or killed. Everyone kills something to survive or lives off those that do.

Comment

Working...
                            X