and another assassination plot for Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm - I just wanna say 2 things.

Firstly, about the name calling. Obama gets called Osama because it is emotionally charged. The 'Barbie' comments towards Palin are not. Not that many want to kill Barbie (Ken, maybe, but usually not Barbie ). Now, if you were to do that with 'Stalin', you might be onto something... but that would be expecting people to know who Stalin was.

Secondly, enforcing your will upon the people. Jayel, you said (basically) don't like it, don't vote for them. Ummm... let's see - only 50% of eligible Americans vote. That only comes to about 30% of all Americans. The president's party only needs to get more than their opponent to win.. that's 51%... which, of the 30% total of US citizens, is a mere 15% of the citizenry. (obviously not including illegal immigrants... different thread).

Thus - 15% of the population are forcing the other 85% to obey their moral code...
    ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
      Thus - 15% of the population are forcing the other 85% to obey their moral code...
      Forcing?

Perhaps the other 85% should get off their asses and go vote.

Comment

I feel that percentage will be much higher this year.

Comment

Slightofvhand: You've GOT to be freaking kidding me, right? LIke I'm supposed to feel sorry for the people who let others make those decisions?

Originally posted by spookysonata View Post
          Forcing?

Perhaps the other 85% should get off their asses and go vote.
          What SS said.

Comment

Originally posted by jayel View Post
            Are you aware that ALL politicians are in the habit of making decisions and enforcing policies that affect everyone else? Yup. That's what they do. If you don't like the way one thinks, don't vote for him/ her. But don't blame one for making a decision and standing by it just because you don't like it. That's their job. Personally I have more respect for one that stands firmly by what they really believe, whether or not I agree, than one who wavers around trying to make everyone happy.
            I tend to think that a GOOD leader would follow their own principles, but at the same time do what is BEST for the people they are leading.

I don't see trying to "make everyone happy" as someone just wavering around and giving up on their ideals.

Sometimes, what is best for YOU isn't best for the majority. A good leader should be able to balance what is best for our country and our citizenry as a whole.

And Damn Straight I'm going to vote for the candidates I feel will do that.
            "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
            "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

About the whole Palin thing I saw an anti Palin ad that I thought was very sexist and sent a really bad message.

The ad consists of four women, a band I am assuming and the text said "girls say yes to boys that say Obama" at the top. The bottom read that Palin was not a womans candidate. So the message I got was that girls are easy for boys that do trendy things. Not a message I want my daughters to hear.

As far as the name thing, how about people that got mad over using Obama's full name?

Also, for the record I am pro-choice.
              Last edited by wanderingjoe72; 11-21-2008, 01:58 AM. Reason: Clarification
              I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
              -The Amazing E

Comment

palin's beliefs are the reason I did *NOT* want to see her in office. Anyone else, male or female, who expressed the same beliefs to me...I would concider stupid, at best. Comparing her to someone/something that is known to have her same traits, but is NOT an object of hatred to most people, seems reasonable, if not 'nice'. Calling someone by the name of one of the most hated people in America, when they share *no* other similarities? Yeah, not the same realm.

The 'greater' chance of assassination for Obama doesn't take into account the Secret Service...who've been trying to keep the presidents safe for a LONG time now...and against people who don't *mind* dying if they can take out their target. Personally, the additional idiots who will go after him will just, IMO, help out the gene pool when they get caught
                Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Originally posted by wanderingjoe72 View Post

As far as the name thing, how about people that got mad over using Obama's full name?
                  You do understand why, though, right? People who made a point of using Obama's middle name did so to stir up fright and prejudice based on a name that has it's roots in the middle east. They did it to pair him up with terrorists and a certain dead dictator. It was a tactic that played to people's base instincts and was frankly deplorable.
                  Actually, it was even more deplorable when people fell for it.

This was a forwarded email I got from someone awhile back:
                  Originally posted by stupid email
                  A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.

Pause a moment, reflect back.

These events are actual events from history.
                  They really happened!!!

Do you remember?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male extremist…

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim male extremists.

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken o ver by Muslim male extremists.

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim male extremists.

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists.

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim male extremists.< BR>

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim male extremists (remember the pilot of this flight was from Richmond, MO).

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim m
                  ale extremists.

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists.

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzani a were bombed by Muslim male extremists.

11 On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists.

12 In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim male extremists.

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl20was kidnapped and murdered by--you guessed it--Muslim male extremists.

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people... Absolutely No Profiling!

They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

According to The Book of Revelations:

The Anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the natio
                  ns with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, he will destroy everything.

And Now:
                  For the award winning Act of Stupidity Of all times the People of America want to elect, to the most Powerful position on the face of the Planet -- The Presidency of the United states of America. A Male of Muslim descent who is the most extremely liberal Senator in Congress (in other words an extremist) and in his 40's.

Have the American People completely lost their Minds, or just their Power of Reason???

I'm sorry but I refuse to take a chance on the 'unknown' candidate Obama....

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other stupid attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story 'Forest Gump' so aptly put it,
                  'Stupid Is As Stupid Does'

Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet...do it!
                  or again---just delete if you disagree.
                  Last edited by AFPheonix; 11-21-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
                    This was a forwarded email I got from someone awhile back:
                    According to The Book of Revelations:

The Anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the natio
                    ns with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, he will destroy everything.
                    I got that e-mail too. I told the sender that Revelations says no such thing. First of all, Muslims aren't mentioned anywhere in the Bible because Muhammad wasn't even born until 570 AD, several centuries after the last book of the Bible was written! I also pointed out the verses that describe the Antichrist (Rev 6:2, Rev 13) and not one of them says anything about his age or nationality.

I know this is seriously off topic, but as a Christian, I just hate it when stupid people claim the Bible says something that it does not say. Makes us all look like illiterate idiots.

Back on topic, I doubt that this will be the last threat President Elect Obama receives. I'm sure the Secret Service is on alert, and I hope they can protect him.
                    People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                    If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

It's an idea that comes from Hal Lindsay, a guy so nutty that even Trinity Broadcasting Network drops his show now and again when he gets out of hand. Actually, there's not any mention of ana nti-christ by name in Revelations, he is found in other books, and they mention that he is from the East. So, theoretically, the Anti-christ could be a Buddhist for all we know

But still, the idea of that particular email and others like it was to link Obama to middle-eastern terrorists by the strength of his name alone. I find that to be extremely racist and abhorrent, not only to Obama but to people of middle-eastern descent.

Comment

AFP - I really hoped you spammed that moron for that email... as a 'reply all'.

On reading the title, I though "oh good"... then I read the rest... and thought, oh crap.

Esp 3, 4, 5, 10, 12 & 13... ah - that's cos they took place in predominantly muslim countries - so what the hell would you expect?? If things happened in the US, it'd be Christian Male Extremists... but we can't say that... (and I'm ignoring 11 cos I don't think it's as clear cut as that - as per the conspiracy thread).

And let's face it - in Israel, the Palestinians got majorly screwed over.

Besides, the list of "US Military / Intelligence Agendy Intervention" is a hell of a lot longer than that one.

Jayel & Spooky... I'm not disagreeing one bit that others should get up and vote. But even in the case of an absolute landslide (ie, one party gets 0% of the vote), there's still a lot that have their values forced upon them - because they are unable to vote. Even if everyone eligible to vote did so, it's still only around 70% of the total population. So, presuming about a 50/50 split on the vote (close - but no landslide), that's still only 35% telling the other 65% how to do things... just a mark of 'Democracy' in 1Vote,1Value.

Even without that sort of argument, there is also the basic fact that in politics, at least 1 lot of voters will feel disenfranchised from the law making of the next term - the losing side. Not saying it's a 'bad' thing - just pointing out politics vs society and human relations. (personally, I prefer the idea of the benevolent dictator as per Socrates' 'Republic')
                        ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

I did reply all, but I didn't intend to. What I ended up doing what stirring up a huge shitstorm. Ah well. Those that are willing to find out the truth will do so, the ones who do not will continue to send along silly emails like this, stick their fingers in their ears and ignore reality.

Comment

Working...
                          X