Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious right pundit says Hillary Clinton is too hideously ugly to be President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious right pundit says Hillary Clinton is too hideously ugly to be President

Raw Story - "Religious right pundit: Hillary Clinton too hideously ugly to become president"

A conservative commentator named Don Feder has written a diatribe titled "Top Ten Reasons Why Hitlery Will Never Be President."

The piece itself is about as charming as the title. If there is any legitimate point or logical reasoning in it, it will be totally overshadowed by the incredibly abrasive language.

And yes, he really did say it :

Think Evita after Botox treatments. Think Madame Defarge on a bad hair day. Think Lady Macbeth with serious issues ("Out, out, damned bimbo!").

10. The Hideousness Factor – Lyndon Baines Johnson was the last profoundly ugly candidate to be elected president, and he was a legacy of the martyred JFK. Voters don't want a leader who looks frazzled or frumpy. We're told that Lincoln was too homely to be elected president in an age of television and paparazzi. But Lincoln's homely face had a dignity, a gravitas. If nothing else, we want a face that reassures us, not one that scares us, a la Night of the Living Alinskyites.
    And that is this week's installment of "Asshole Theatre." Thank you very much, Mr. Feder.

I particularly liked one comment on the Raw Story article :

Nice to see the GOP outreach to women is going so well.
    It was also observed that not too long ago, the Republicans had a female candidate on their Presidential ticket who was considered by many to be very attractive. How well did that work out for them?
    Last edited by Anthony K. S.; 04-15-2015, 07:30 AM.
    "Well, the good news is that no matter who wins, you all lose."

I'm reminded of a Sherlock Holmes story I barely remember about a father who bullied his children, calling one stupid, one lazy and one ugly. Sherlock commented that the 'ugly' one must have a lot of talent and brains, and how it must have galled the father that the only insult he could come up with was one involving the kids looks.

Comment

If you watch the current campaign infomercials by the crop we have to choose from so far, every single one from the R column is running hit-pieces against Clinton... She's not doing the same.

That's pretty much all you need to know about what they care about.

She cares about issues, and for the rest of them, she is the issue. >_>
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

They are more worried about putting a hit in Hillary's polling so people will contribute to their campaigns.

After the fleecing people took supporting Romney, it will not be easy.

Comment

Since when is physical appearance a legal requirement to run for President? What about "uglies" like Nixon and the Shrub?

Perhaps they meant a "southernism", where "ugly" refers to personality. In that case, most of the Republican front-runners are as ugly as sin.

My guess is that the REAL reason is that Hillary is too "electable" to be allowed to run as a Democrat. She's running on the issues, and all the Republicans can bring up against her are ad homeneim attacks.

Comment

I honestly think HRC doesn't look half bad for a 67 year old woman. There are far less appealing females in politics than her.

But regardless it's a dumb, superficial argument anyway.

We all better buckle up. We're still about 19 months from election so there's going to be a shitload more of this stuff before it's all over.

Comment

I actually think this benefits Clinton more that the republicans. Why? well, if they can't find any better arguments against her...

Comment

Speaking as someone who won't be voting for Mrs. Clinton, it's totally wrong for the author of that article to go after her for her attractiveness (or, in his claim, lack thereof).

Find something substantive to criticize. Find a stance she has or a policy of hers, and criticize that.

The main criticism I've heard is that she isn't "likeable" enough, whatever the heck that means.

Regardless of what I think of Mrs. Clinton and/or her policies, the job of a President isn't to be likeable. It's to run the country, and to somewhat set the Congressional agenda.

Comment

I mean, I don't much care for her, but come ON. You're just going after her for being unattractive? She's not a young woman, of course she isn't "Attractive." But ugly people can do a great job.

Honestly, saying "Hillary Clinton is too unattractive to get elected" almost sounds like a defense of her, and that it should be bemoaning the system.

Also.

Romney was DEFINITELY more attractive than Obama last time round.

And as for Bush, I dunno, I mean, I feel like you could argue he looked better than Kerry or Gore.
                  "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                  ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

She looks okay to me, not younger or older than her age. Anyway a presidential campaign isn't, or shouldn't be, a beauty contest.
                    The question ought to be whether she can do the job. She has seen it close up, not an advantage many candidates have. She apparently think she can do it, that's where her enemies should look for faults.

Comment

anyone old enough to remember hearing about the Kennedy/Nixon debate back in 1960.

One of the first to be televised. Nixon had had a bad cold right before the debate and kinda looked like crap plus the heavy stage make did nothing to make him look good and Kennedy was this nice young handsome tanned and fit man (we know better now).

The after debate polls showed those who just listened to the debate on the radio thought Nixon was the winner and those who actually watched the debate on TV thought Kennedy won even though Nixon did do a better job.

In the current age of video/TV/YouTube/social media appearance DOES matter a LOT and has mattered for a while now.

NOw I am not saying Hilary looks like Brunhilda and some of the politicians we have today are not the pick of the litter looks wise AND that looks "should not" be a stumbling block or a hinderance to public office BUT the public's PERCEPTION does come into play.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I had no idea she was so close to 70. I don't know why, but she seems early 50s to me. Well, whatever. It's the issues that matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
                          In the current age of video/TV/YouTube/social media appearance DOES matter a LOT and has mattered for a while now.
                          That may come into play when it is time for her party to vote on who to put up as the candidate, and it may make a difference in the election results, but it still doesn't make it a good policy for the opposing party to discuss her appearance when trying to influence voters. It doesn't speak to the issues and doesn't make sense as an appeal to the voters.
                          Also not a very classy move.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                            Since when is physical appearance a legal requirement to run for President?
                            Since a vagina became involved. Look forward to more of it as they will literally not be able to help themselves. They're already teetering over the edge from 2 terms with a black president. It'll be her appearance and everything they can do to imply she's a bitch. As this article is already doing. If Hillary wins a House Republican will literally shit into his hand mid session and throw it across the aisle.

This guy is also hot off of saying and I quote: "The greatest tragedy to befall the Jews since the destruction of the Second Temple." a few months back in regards to Obama.

It's also pretty ballsy to complain that Hillary doesn't make your dick hard when you look like someone pulled a suit and a George Lucas mask over a garbage bag full of white privilege and margarine.
                            Last edited by Gravekeeper; 04-17-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

As always, Gravekeeper, you have such a way with words. LOL
                              (And you are so right about the "vagina" thing.)
                              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
                              X