No announcement yet.

More trouble for Mel Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, I'm in the US. State of Florida, to be precise.
    A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBarbossa View Post
      Nah, I'm in the US. State of Florida, to be precise.
      Oops my bad. Maybe I was thinking about Fireheart.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        Just wondering if there's some sort of early-onset dementia going on? Older people tend to be less tolerant, I've noticed, though that's possibly because they were brought up in older and less tolerant times.

Rapscallion
        THAT's for sure....my mother was the same way. She was born in 1920 and had no guilt whatsoever in calling black people coloreds and in saying "I like gay people fine I have friends who are gay so it's ok" meanwhile being prejudiced as hell against them.

I don't know what to think about Mel gibson..I think he's done some great things and it's a little weird that lately he's being a complete ass. Not sure what's changed..maybe he is getting senile.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I just found this article that says the tapes may have been altered.
          Help a friend!

Comment

oh interesting.

The people inspecting them say they believe a professional microphone was used (at least for her), words were edited out, gaps in the audio, their voices were on different tracks (i.e. a 60hz hum when he talked, that faded when he talked).

But they can't authenticate it unless they get the original.

And they pointed out that in the court of law the tape cannot be admitted as evidence since it was tampered with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
              Though I do love it, when Mel does well Australia brags about how he's theirs, when he does this sort of crap, he's completely American.
              Damn skippy!

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
              Oops my bad. Maybe I was thinking about Fireheart.
              Yeah, Fireheart and I are the Aussies.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo
                Damn Skippy!
                More of a Snugglepot and Cuddlepie girl myself.

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                Yeah, Fireheart and I are the Aussies.
                I be Australian too.
                Though I am a Sandgroper and as such think that daylight savings is the evil, but I still count.

And you know my previous quote is true
                Last edited by Rebel; 07-19-2010, 07:25 AM. Reason: blah
                "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
                Josh Thomas

Comment

An editorial piece in a local paper yesterday made a couple of good points:

1. These "anonymous" tapes are coming out while Gibson's in the middle of of a custody hearing with the ex he supposedly made the comments to, and she's claiming that she had no clue how the recording of the confidential call became public. Note, this was a supposed call that only these two people knew about.

2. Assuming the tape is real, yes, Gibson made some racist remarks at his ex, but he has worked well with other actors and actresses of other races without problem, meanwhile, there's actors out there who have publicly said and done FAR worse who's bad streak is being ignored and praised while Gibson is being hit left, right and center.

I'm not saying he's a saint, far from it. It's just that there's a lot of this that's missing that's being ignored.

Comment

His ex-wife has never said a word. But there may be other reasons for that.

Comment

I watched Edge of Darkness the other night.

I have to say, he is still an amazing actor.

Normally, when I don't like an actor because of their beliefs or things they've done, I won't have anything to do with their films anymore (like Tom Cruise and John Travolta, I wish both of them would just go die in a volcano with the aliens from the stupid scientology book), but for some reason, I watched this movie.

Comment

Working...
                      X