No announcement yet.

It's not Glee!!!one!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I'm glad we're not Facebook friends, because I post about my favorite TV shows, movies, music, books and plays all the time. Like, y'know, all of my other friends. If their posts about something they enjoy make you so mad, why don't you hide their statuses from your feed?

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
      If people would stop shoving it down everyone's throats and trying to force us that don't like it to swallow, maybe we would let up.
      Your problem is with your friends, not the show. You should direct your anger at the cause rather than just a symptom.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah I'd have to agree with Admin, I'm glad I'm not your FB friend. I post songs from shows I like all the time, including Glee. It's rather rude to assume people don't do anything else because they happen to post about a show they like. If you don't like what they are posting why don't you just delete them or hide their posts? Obviously you don't have the same interests.

Frankly, I get sick of hearing how they've "butchered" songs, get the hell over it. The artists (or whoever currently owns the rights to the song) agreed to let them cover it, that's how it works. If it's the artist then obviously they don't have a major problem with they way they're being done.

Also, I'd like to point out that a lot of the actors are in their mid-late 20's, they aren't actually teenagers, the youngest is 21, the oldest (of the ones that play the kids, are 29), also, a lot of the songs are current music. They have done a bunch of older stuff like Journey and Madonna, but it's mostly been newer music.

I'm of the opinion that you can't really say that you hate something if you've never witnessed it, when it comes to entertainment (just so we're clear this doesn't extend to things that depict reality or are reality, such as the puppy example or other crimes), you can say you aren't interested in it, that's fine, but in order to say it sucks or that you hate it, you'd have to actually have seen or heard whatever it is you're talking about. You've heard the songs and don't like them, fine, now you can say that you think it sucks all you want, and there will still be people who like it.

Comment

I don't understand the mindset that the actors in the show shouldn't be singing covers of songs that were produced before they were born. Why does that matter in the slightest? There are certain songs that have had a great impact on my life that were produced and recorded in the 60s. I was born in 1980. Does that mean that these songs should have no effect on me because I wasn't even close to be conceived at the time?

Also, should people not be able to gain influence from those such as Beethoven, Bach, Mozart because they've been dead for centuries?

I'm sorry, that logic just doesn't fly with me.

Comment

BlaqueKatt, you do realize the part you quoted about 'being negative' was about posting comments on something they hadn't seen. There are lots of shows I know I won't like...but I won't go and make negative reviews of them without watching them, first. In my opinion, making comments out of deliberate ignorance is idiotic, and very much the behavior of a troll (To be clear, NOT talking about you, I am referring to the people the OP was complaining about)

As far as Glee goes, since they try and have the original musicians be a part of any show they are doing 'starring' their music...I'd say they are at least trying to be respectful. (From my information, at least, my Wife is the one who loves the show, not me (Who is 40, btw, so I think she *MIGHT* have been born when the songs came out...possibly))

As far as FB goes...sharing a video you found and like takes a few seconds, in general, while trying to upload pictures/ect, of more 'active' things you've done takes far more effort. I know I've shared quite a few amusing links/videos/ect, but almost nothing of the times I've went to Ren-Fests, DragonCon, or the like...mainly because when I'm doing them, I could care less about FB
            Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

I don't post much about the shows I watch (I don't really watch a lot during the week because of my schedule, and I won't be able to watch TV during the week starting in June), and I just know I'll get flack if I do post something about Y&R, or my stupid "trendy" friends will bash me for watching the news instead of Douchebag Shore and The Drunk World: Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                I don't post much about the shows I watch (I don't really watch a lot during the week because of my schedule, and I won't be able to watch TV during the week starting in June), and I just know I'll get flack if I do post something about Y&R, or my stupid "trendy" friends will bash me for watching the news instead of Douchebag Shore and The Drunk World: Las Vegas.
                Agreed on hating the trendy bullshit, I love my DVR, get to watch whatever I want without being tied down.

I hate how people are obsessed with Glee, and get pissed when an artist refuses to let them do a song. Along with how people who are trendy know no history and when you say a musical existed before glee they can't accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  or my stupid "trendy" friends will bash me for watching the news instead of Douchebag Shore and The Drunk World: Las Vegas.
                  try posting about the shows you watch on Nat Geo, or the history channel....I get called a bookworm for liking anything on those channels....
                  Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

try posting about the shows you watch on Nat Geo, or the history channel....I get called a bookworm for liking anything on those channels....
                    Really? I thought you only posted things you have "done" on Facebook and that television wasn't worthy of social media.

And I realize that FB isn't serious, but really you have to tell your friends about a TV show you just watched? Sorry I prefer to discuss things I've ACTUALLY DONE, not sat vegged out on the sofa snarfing cheez-doodles WATCHING. Activities, hobbies, sports, it's springtime, get out and do something ferchrissakes.

Comment

I hate how people are obsessed with Glee, and get pissed when an artist refuses to let them do a song.
                      I equate the obsessed fans with those of Twilight, there are lots of people that like the show but don't obsess over it and don't get mad about certain artists not wanting their work done, but then there are the loud bunch who make everyone else look like idiots because "OMG GLEE!!!!!1111!!!!" I like the show, I fangirl a little bit, but it's more about the music. I love musicals, and I like the voices of the singers on Glee for the most part. I have an extensive music collection (I'm working on filling up my shiny new 160GB Ipod ) so I'm not one of those people that thinks music starts and ends with Glee, those people are sad.

(I'd also like to point out the point of this thread wasn't really Glee so much as it was my annoyance with the people saying that the Grey's Anatomy episode was copying Glee or somesuch. Just to reiterate my point.)

Comment

Working...
                      X