Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Console Wars: Might they last 100 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've never had an Xbox, the RROD has made me veer away from them. But I do have an original NES, Gameboy, SNES, Sega Genesis, PS2 (which replaced the very tired PS1), and a Wii. And I've got a PS3 in my sights for Final Fantasy XIII, though I may wind up finally getting an Xbox 360 since they have a wider variety of games and I heard that FF XIII will be available for both PS3 and Xbox. I've played every FF game so far...I think that makes me a FF fanboy? So, I'll buy whatever console I need to get my FF on. And Phantasy Star. And Chrono Trigger/Cross. And...well, I'll stop now.

I guess I'll buy whatever console I need to get my awesome RPG fix. And lets not get into the PC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Fashion Lad! View Post
      You cannot take my PS3 away!!!

I don't know about the price tag being a con. It's probably the most powerful gaming console on the market right now, plus it's a blu-ray player. So, you have something that typically runs $299, with a 40-80GB harddrive, bluetooth, and wireless built in. Free online gaming.
      The price tag is a con when you're like me. Don't give a shit about those blu-ray discs or players. My Dvds work just fine, and look just fine to me. My Dvd player works just fine as well.

I honestly don't like any 3 of the new gen consoles. >.>; Yes, all of the games now days are shiny and have pretty graphics, but I'm seeing a huge lack of story line in them. I'm one of the rare people who don't care at all about graphics as long as it's a good game.

And I hate spending almost as much as I would on a computer, on a console. I've always thought that consoles = cheaper forms of entertainment. Not $300-400 with games hitting $60-80+

Comment

Aye. the price is the big issue to me...It might be worth the price, but so is a Porche
        Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Working...
        X