Hey Fellow Doctor Who fans *SPOILERS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
    So does him not dying... after all, we do see him get shot... so it is entirely possible that he is trying to change history (even though he says he wouldn't do that, there is a lot of things he's said he'd never do that he has done now).
    Well, of course he's not going to die. Can you imagine the uproar if they killed a Doctor off in two seasons? Especially if he doesn't want to leave.

It struck me lately that Matt Smith's Doctor seems like a character from a completely different show than the one he's in...

I think the reputation theme is 11's character arc, but... I think that River Song is distracting from his story.

I like the character, but she's got too much focus.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post

I like the character, but she's got too much focus.
      she's potentially the person who kills the doctor... I think she is getting an appropriate level of focus.
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
        I think they did that as a set up for Demon's Run where we find out the Doctor is losing his control. Committing genocide sets him up for becoming the villain and nightmare that people were seeing him to be. Tennant already established that the Doctor has lived too long, and now Smith is starting to deteriorate.
        Tennant already established that the Doctor has lived too long, and now Smith is starting to deteriorate.

Continuity wise from the old series (963-1989) this isn’t un established. The characters gone through ups and down’s in various seasons before. Jon Pertwee would get a upset over being stuck on earth, Tom Baker complained at about being over 500 years old and hitting middle age. Colin Baker went through a crazy stage when he first regenerated and well Sylvester McCoy >-<. So Smith and the writers could just play this out as a second/ third/ middle age “I’m still needed” /revamp the character thing.

In fact they’ve actually done a pretty good job with keeping to the old series continuity except for one major thing. Time Lords are only suppose to have 12 regenerations -so 13 lives- we’ve passed the 13th mark so many times I’ve sort of lost count. So it sort of leaves one to ask, exactly how long does a Time Lord live and how’s the Doctor keeping up the regenerations? Then for my own curiosity’s sake, how’s he doing this Mork&Mindy bit with the regenerations, cause dame David Tennant was cute but old enough to fit the part, Matt Smith is just . . . young.

Comment

You could say it's rather apt he's the youngest, they already used the time travelers wife for parts of River Song and the Doctors romance, the first doctor was old and has gotten younger more or less with each regeneration, so thats "The curious case of Benjamin Button" type of casting.

TBH I had forgotten about the men in a robot from lets kill hitler and had jokingly said "maybe it was a flesh copy." in another doctor thread here, seems alot of people thought the same, but having the robot revealed so soon in the finale just had everyone go "oh that makes sence."

Comment

I don't know exactly - I think there are a couple of fanwanks on the regeneration.

First, that twelve was an arbitrary limit placed by the Time Lords - who no longer exist, and so cannot affect his regenerations.

Second, that with the Time Lords out of Time, all their energy is his, so he's got unlimited regenerations.

There are probably others.

Comment

Plus there was the regeneration that was rerouted into his hand in a jar, granted it wasn't a full regeneration on his part but the full power was used as it had to be rerouted, so Tennant was the 10th and 11th doctor making Smith number 12.

Lest we forget that River Song donated all her remaining regeneration energy, she could have just given enough to revive him, so she had had 3 known forms, the child, Mel whomever and then Melody Pond/River Song. So if he was on his last, her donation could mean there are 9 or so donated regenerations left to go.

But I still don't count all doctors up untill Eccleston in this run, I see him as the third full regeneration of a reeboot not a continuation of the bluepeter special effects 'classic' run.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormraven View Post
                I don't know exactly - I think there are a couple of fanwanks on the regeneration.

First, that twelve was an arbitrary limit placed by the Time Lords - who no longer exist, and so cannot affect his regenerations.

Second, that with the Time Lords out of Time, all their energy is his, so he's got unlimited regenerations.

There are probably others.
                Well, he said in Sarah Jane Adventures he has 7, but rule 1...

Comment

Actually, I heard that he said '507'.

Comment

That's what I meant to type. 507. It just was late and I was sleepy

Comment

Working...
                    X