What's it like watching Dr. Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
    Oh, I could listen to George Takei talk forever.
    Oh, my!

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      Oh, my!

^-.-^
      George did at least one audio book for a Star Trek Novel. if you really want to hear him find the audio book for Strangers From The Sky. if memery serves he and Leonard Nimoy performed the book. yes it is abridged but keeps the essential elements from the actual novel.

http://www.theaudiobookstore.com/mar...ans002193.aspx

http://www.weread4you.com/audiobook/...udio-book.html

real cheap cassette price
      http://www.alibris.com/search/books/isbn/9780671647186
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        Oh, my!

^-.-^
        Hell, even him insulting me is amazing
        seriously
        I have never heard someone say you are a douchebag with such elegance
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
          Regarding the accent, Ecclestons northern accent wasn't watered down, yet Tennant poshed his Scottish accent out of the way (save for that one episode with Queen Victoria and the werewolf, no idea if thats Smith's normal voice or not.
          Well my b/f comes from the same town as him (Northampton) but Matt Smith went to the Posh school, so may have had the accent elcuted out of him. From what I've heard in the bits outside of Doctor Who I'd say that his voice in the programme is pretty much his accent. He sure doens't sound like my b/f.

Comment

speaking of accents and Dr. Who... you know you watch too much BBC when they have an American on the show and you think his accent is weird

Comment

I was helping my brother move over the last week (without a van ) and we have tonnes of VHS tapes, the blanks all got chucked as we don't have a tape player to find out what each unlabled 4 hour could have, damn near 200 of em.
              But we were keeping the prerecorded ones for now, find em on DVD (worst case scenario pirate bay) and then ditching them.

In this we found Moll Flanders and asked my brother to pass it to me, it was one of Alex (River Song) Kingstons earliest work (without imdbing her) so that got put in the keep pile. One for the 4th wall thread from vague memory ...

She chats up some posh bloke in this field or rural road side, then runs up to the camera to say "Well in 20 minutes time hes going to find himself robbed." as I think she was a serial addulterer or something.

TL;DR
              The point of this post?
              I had forgotten about her by the point of her characters debut and they were bigging up her stint on ER, so I just assumed she was American, so did she do a Hugh Lorrie and put on an American accent for that and was it any good and to that extent was Hugh's and any other UK actor's?

Comment

When the mid season trailer came out, it had River Song with an eye patch very similar to the woman in the wall (or did I post this in another DR Who thread?) Part of me wondered if it was an older regenerated River Song after the silence in the Library, I originally thought she might regenerate like Genny from the Dr's Daughter and she regenerated off screen unbeknownst to Tennants Dr.
                But we were told in lets kill hitler that she used up all her regenerations and were also shown that she did indeed change forms just as the doctor and other timelords did.

As she had no eye patch in her introduction story and has one in the trailer for the season finale, it's still making me go hmmmmm.
                Oh well that might get answered next week, then again as there is another season in the works, who knows?
                Myself I would leave the final days of the doctor for a few more years instead of wrapping it up in a 13 episode block.

Comment

We know that no matter what there is a massive screw to the audience coming up with the season finale.
                  Either the season in the works is just there to get our hopes up and doesn't really exist because the Doctor really is going to die.
                  Or, all the talk about the Doctor's death being a fixed point in time that can't be avoided will turn out to be not quite so fixed.

Comment

It's the latter, smiley. They've already flat out said that if anyone can change destiny, it's Amy. Guess who's going to save him? (probably)
                    I has a blog!

Comment

Or he sent a flesh avatar with fireworks up his sleeves and thats why they cremated him

Comment

Working...
                      X