Dragon's Den Drinking Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
    If you really wanted a challenge, you could always switch to Super Sentai and do the same thing (I do believe that they will be adapting Goseiger to a US audience, which is based around angels and a card game, while the series after THAT is pirate-themed (and going to be very interesting logistics wise) and the current(?) series is spy-themed )
    They will not be able to do Gokaiger in the states. A big theme is the ability to turn into previous teams. The US didn't get any adaptations until Zyuranger (MMPR season 1) and only one suit, plus the mecha from Dairanger, and half an adaptation of Kakuranger. That's still 17 series not done in the states. Too much of a logical problem, plus it would be advertising for toys that aren't being made anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew B View Post
      They will not be able to do Gokaiger in the states. A big theme is the ability to turn into previous teams. The US didn't get any adaptations until Zyuranger (MMPR season 1) and only one suit, plus the mecha from Dairanger, and half an adaptation of Kakuranger. That's still 17 series not done in the states. Too much of a logical problem, plus it would be advertising for toys that aren't being made anymore.
      That's really only a minor writing problem - all they have to do is write it in a style like Dial H for Hero, explain that they can become Power Rangers from other dimensions, and have the characters do an inner monologue when they Morph into someone else - "I'm Beast Ranger Blue. Cool. I always admired him!" or "I'm Gamble Ranger Spade Ace - My main weapon is the Spade Arts Power Bow, and I can use Xray Vision and Hyper Acceleration - weird!" or "I'm Flash Ranger Red - my weapons are the Prism Sword, Prism Shooter, and Red Vulcan. Nifty."

It just requires a little creativity to incorporate the Super Sentai shows that haven't debuted here yet.

As for the toys, that'd give them a very wide range of toys to sell, which (if the series was popular) would be a veritable gold mine.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
        Key word being SIPS instead of shots.
        I am aware of the key word.

The statement still stands.

Comment

It's still more explanation than most networks want to put into a kid's show. I'd have no problem with it, but you know that's going to be the excuse for not using it.

Comment

Working...
          X