Internet Memes - Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
    I guess I just mean internet culture in general bleeding into real life. I dunno, it's just kind of a pet peeve of mine.

That and people who still think running around yelling "I'm Rick James, Bitch!" is still the height of comedy.
    In a way, it is... cept, in a case of laughing at the moron, not with them. XD
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Well, these things have been around for a long time. They used to be television shows.

You remember those right? Sitcoms that were actually good. Television drama that didn't have to be very smart to get people to watch.

Remember when the height of reality T.V. was William Shatner and Rescue 911?

Water cooler television has been replaced by these internet meme's simply because television kinda sucks lately.

And passing them on is as easy as firing off and email with a link inside. My inbox is crammed full of these emails. 50% from friend's, and co-worker's. 50% from my grandmother. Most are amusing, most are duuuuuuuuuuuuumb.

I love lolcats. Starwars Kid was funny for about 5 min. Numa Numa was kind of okay until he started trying.

There just is a dizzying array of content out there. Who knows what will be on this list 6 months from now?
      It's On Like Donkey Kong

Comment

For some reason, Rickrolling is very funny to me. I've contemplated this, trying to decide why, but I can't come up with a reason. It just is.

Comment

I've got another one: Hatsune Miku (Japanese software mascot).
          "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

I'm with Lord, STD and AFP on this... especially Lord's first post....

Now, I like a good joke, and thus spreading said joke is good.

But aimlessly (and thoughtlessly) just randomly repeating (ie - forwarding) something for the sole purpose of having something to forward... no, go burn in hell!

Especially when what's sent or repeated is crap. (eg, those emails about fighter jets picked up on police speed-radars and the like...).

Star Wars kid?? Gotta disagree, Machero... didn't even make the 2 second funny for me...

Someone on here used the right word...'sheeples'.

How about.... coming up with something original???

I don't go searching for memes, but unfortunately, they get forwarded on to me. One I found that I sort of hate (merely cos I had to go find it to make sense of something) is the "Godwin's Law" thing. A) it's taken out of context, and B) it's crap!

All I can only put it down to... for all the technology and education that we have access to, humans are lowering their standards.*

(* in case this gets argued, how about asking what the terms "honour", "courage" and "strength" mean these days...)
            ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

I find the original premise of Godwin's Law way back when Usenet was prevalent to make sense, but very few people know what it is (or even what Usenet is) and it's become a cop-out if anyone disagrees with anything.

Lolcats have their amusing moments, the previous receptionist at my "normal" temp job would spend all day on that site though.
              "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
              X