Crappy Fake Ghost Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Fake Ghost Shows

My mom is obsessed with this crap. I feel like the people they interview or whatever have something wrong with them and the people running the show are taking advantage of them. It's the most ridiculous crap ever.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Group the shows with psychics and mediums in there as well. Taking advantage of people in distress for a profit. Sickening. I am also relatively certain that most of the "ghost/sasquatch/monster hunting" shows have interns off camera, making noise, shining lights or whatever, but I don't have a citation for that.

Comment

I've only seen a small piece of a single episode of one of those shows, but the crew that was "ghost hunting" was so ignorant on camera it was painful to watch. >_<

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Most shows I agree with you, but I gotta say I do love Ghost Adventures and think it's one of the most authentic.

Comment

I am a ghost hunter and I also agree. I also agree with Kibbles. Ghost Adventures is the best one.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, during one of Ghost Hunters' annual Halloween Live ghost hunts they do every Halloween night (and it's always been interactive online as well for viewers), they were called out for faking something. I can't remember what. Hmm, something to look up later....

I thought Paranormal State was a lot more documentary and realistic, until I did some research on some of the guest mediums they use on that show, and they don't have the best reputations.

Comment

I hate how they are always saying "What was that?!" or similar..you can psych yourself out and then you start to imagine things.

I personally like Paranormal Files : Fact or Faked, but even they sometimes psych themselves out and hear/see things that I believe are not there. They try to disprove many things (trying to recreate them with special effects/etc), and when they can't they don't say "Oh it is a ghost! (or ufo or etc)" just that it COULD be something.

Comment

I wish they'd bring back Sightings personally. -.-

Comment

I like watching Paranormal State.
                  "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

A favourite show of mine was the one off "Ghostwatch" which got banned from the BBC after people thought it was real. XD That's an example of a fantastic fake ghost show. Of course, a lot of Americans won't have heard of it, but you could watch it on youtube, I expect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostwatch

A case of an obviously faked show being better than a faked show which pretends to be real.
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeEDhq0JKXM

Comment

Yeah I don't really like any of the shows that are out there largely because they're less "paranormal" as "paranoid". Most of the time something shuffles in a field or someone catches something in the corner of their eye and scream "IT'S A GHOST!"

Honestly, I have an open mind for the supernatural and paranormal, but I don't jump out of my skin every time I hear a bush move.

Comment

I've always liked Destination Truth but I wish that their shows would be dedicated to 1 place and not 2 so that you get to see more of what they did and what they got to experience. Too many times they are on to the next place and I still have questions on the things they experienced in the first.

Comment

Almost forgot; another show I used to watch obsessively back when I was a kid was "Strange But True?" which was presented by Michael Aspel. I believe it's repeated on the Paranormal channel. That did reconstructions but they were always clearly labeled as such.
                            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

It's not that ghost hunting isn't interesting, it's that ghost hunting isn't interesting to WATCH.

It'd be like a reality show about archaeology.

It's not that archaeology isn't interesting. It's fascinating.

But a TV show would mostly be people saying "Oooh, I think I found something - Oh, wait, no..."
                              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                              X