Female Covers Vs Male Originals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
    I actually prefer Joan Jett's version of Dirty Deeds to ACDC's version-it's gritty without being grating if that makes sense.
    I'm a huge AC/DC fan but I'll let this go because I think Joan Jett rocks too. She was influenced by Suzi Quataro in a huge way.

I think that whoever decided that Brittany Spears could cover Rolling Stones 'Satisfaction' should be taken out to the back paddock and shot. Stupid breathy bad Marilyn Monroe voice.

Comment

I did think of another one where I feel the female cover is better

Peter Gabriel's I have the touch

covered by Heather Nova

the cover seems more soft and somehow has a more "ethereal" quality.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
        I've often thought it would be cool if a female rocker did her verson of "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, only changing it to "Jessie's Guy." I don't think this has ever happened, though.
        Don't know about that song, but in the C&W scene there are some paired versions:

Me and Bobby McGee (female viewpoint)/Me and Bobbi McGee (male viewpoint) don't know which came first and which is a cover.
        The Cowboy and the Lady/The Cowgirl and the Dandy
        Someday Soon (male original/female cover).

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
          I've often thought it would be cool if a female rocker did her verson of "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, only changing it to "Jessie's Guy." I don't think this has ever happened, though.
          I was listening to the radio one evening on my way home from work and came up with the alternate viewpoint version of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. If I had any artistic ability (or the balls to do karaoke) I would display that version.

Comment

In some youtube related side bar, either the Beserker tour video projection competition winner or The Officers (who toured with Gary Numan) there was a link about A friends Electric and All Saints.

My heart sank, it was bad enough the Richard X Mash up that was later performed by the Sugar Babes, but All Saint's not only reforming but covering Gary?
            Thankfully it was All Saint's studio or something, a live performance in a dank basement kinda thing, I still shudder to think that in some alternate reality it really was All Saint's the band covering the song.

Comment

Working...
            X